Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Women in Stalking

Women in Stalking

Does anyone know what percentage of women are invloved in deer stalking?

As a percentage of stalkers or as a percentage of women in the UK?

Time to buy some twin high seats.......

I would say a small but steady amount that is growing by the day. All of the ladies I have taken stalking tend to be good shots and more relaxed than their male counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    All of the ladies I have taken stalking tend to be good shots and more relaxed than their male counterparts.
    Probably because they arent trying to show off. The more the merrier.

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

I would guess about 30% of my clients are women, 4 have been stalking with me since the started stalking. I tend to find that they are cooler under pressure than men and tend to tell the stalker if they aren't happy with something when taking a shot.

imho

Andy

In all the years that I have been stalking, I have had no more than half a dozen female clients, its not something that appeals to a lot of woman the ones that do take it up seem to be very good at it, all those that I have taken stalking were very good shots, probably as they are competing in a sport dominated by men they feel they have to be that bit better than the average to be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Does anyone know what percentage of women are invloved in deer stalking?
    Is that "are stalkers" or does the question extend to other aspects of stalking? (Not trying to be clever - it just makes a difference to the answesr you may get!)

As an aside - a woman that works for me has said that she'd like to go out on a stalk for the experience sometime, but she has no interest in actually pulling the trigger, so there may be a distinction between thhose that are quite happy to accompany, and those that want to get behind a scope?
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Is that "are stalkers" or does the question extend to other aspects of stalking? (Not trying to be clever - it just makes a difference to the answesr you may get!)

As an aside - a woman that works for me has said that she'd like to go out on a stalk for the experience sometime, but she has no interest in actually pulling the trigger, so there may be a distinction between thhose that are quite happy to accompany, and those that want to get behind a scope?

Yes indeed, if you include those that accompany ,I have had a lot accompany their partners some just to see what they get up to, but also quite a few that have shown an interest in the whys and wherefores.

add up the total no of married members on this site and you will be close to your answer, they may not get behind a scope but they are involved in some way

Quote Originally Posted by andymarsh View Post
    tend to tell the stalker if they aren't happy with something when taking a shot.

imho

Andy
    That'll be the "nag reflex" kicking in. It's probably always the stalker's fault as well.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.