Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of Fuel

Cost of Fuel

Last night I went to put diesel in the landrover just before going out lamping foxes. F' me it seems to have jumped from 138.9 to 144.9 per litre overnight. Now I like foxing as much as anybody and I do get payment in kind from farmers but it's not as cheap as it used to be. As my family are up and gone, I no longer have a mortgage to pay and I have no debt to repay I can afford to use money for this purpose but for some of you guys the expense of fuel must curtail your foxing ventures and for some who travel hundreds of miles to leases it must make you think twice before going.
    How does the cost of fuel effect your shooting?

It does make you think a bit , i have just taken on some new rabbit permissions about 25 miles away
    loads of bunnies but cost's in fuel.What angers me though is i look after a fleet of HGV'S and we use
    BP fuel cards who charge 112.9 per litre and they are still making profit while when i fill up my L200
    I pay 139.9 Rant over.

Gazza... my truck now costs nearly 680 to brim and my Defender 90 so yes i do think about using it on jollies. Gone are the days of the Sunday run and the quicker there is another fuel stand-off the better. I was the second vehicle on the BP Grangemouth blockade and i will try and be the first next time!

Just looked at a reciept for 1 of my trucks near empty to full 1127

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Gazza... my truck now costs nearly 680 to brim and my Defender 90 so yes i do think about using it on jollies. Gone are the days of the Sunday run and the quicker there is another fuel stand-off the better. I was the second vehicle on the BP Grangemouth blockade and i will try and be the first next time!
    I don't know how some of the haulage businesses are surviving at the moment. The prices really are ridiculous. It unbelievable that we have this resource off our own coast line yet the price we pay is based on a global pricing system. Not only that but we end up paying possibly the highest price on the planet.

If it comes to a stand off then all the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    It does make you think a bit , i have just taken on some new rabbit permissions about 25 miles away
    loads of bunnies but cost's in fuel.What angers me though is i look after a fleet of HGV'S and we use
    BP fuel cards who charge 112.9 per litre and they are still making profit while when i fill up my L200
    I pay 139.9 Rant over.
    I use BP cards (rarely) and the price they quote you is PLUS V.A.T so your BP cards are as usual dearer than pump and supermarket prices and in this case the PPL you quoted is actually 141.12.

Jumped 4p a litre near me in 48 hours 147.9 a litre o deisel and 138.9 petrol, by weekend who knows.
    My father in laws as I call Arthur Daly reckons 1 to 1.3 litre cars are selling like hot cakes and fetching good money due too fuel costs I have had to down size from a 1.8 litre to 1 litre because of this.

that's why I sold the grand jeep cherokee...trip from edinburgh to jedburgh and back in the weekend was running me 65. now I'm in an old rav4 and it's costing me 24.

that's another 41 to spend each weekend on booze and ammo

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I use BP cards (rarely) and the price they quote you is PLUS V.A.T so your BP cards are as usual dearer than pump and supermarket prices and in this case the PPL you quoted is actually 141.12.
    Agree with you RED-DOT but the company can claim the V.A.T back .

Strange thing is I overheard a tanker driver complaining how he was made to wait at the refinery by his company as the price was just about to drop 2p per litre. Yet at the pumps it went up this was about 10 days ago now.

Somehow methinks the poor old motorist it getting rooked once again.