Thread: Perfect for the high seat ?

Perfect for the high seat ?

I have just purchased one of these. Having sat in the high seat for many a cold hour this winter, I figure this could make early winter mornings a little more civilised.
    Has anyone tried one of these if so what are your observations.

sorry howa one of what i cant see anything unless im missing some thing here

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    howa243

I'm guessing you mean an inflatable seat:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADVANTAGE-CAMO...28169003r25217

If so, they are a fantastic idea. I don't bother taking it if I'm doing a 'walk and stalk', but I use it all the time when sitting in a high seat as well as if I'm going to sit by a tree in 'ambush'.

I was given mine by a keeper friend who bought it in the US. I thought "only an American could have thought of that", but having used one I take it all back.

If you meant something else (thermos flask, sleeping bag, bottle of whisky) then please ignore the above

willie_gunn

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    howa

Blimey!! Wish I'd waited now until you posted the link! Can't see myself in one of those up a high seat - the embarassment would be too much.

willie_gunn

Had one when I was an egg if I remember right we used to open the fridge door to warm up while using them but you knock your self out.
    Oh by the way we were stood in the kitchen at the time,was not the best use of my money,but that was 25 yrs ago so they may have changed the design

I know somebody whos tried those, but didn't rate them too highly..IIRC, they were quite nosiy even in a highseat and as Dave says not particularly warm.

The self inflating cushion mentioned earlier make a huge difference to staying warm...I use one by Gelert which is about A4 size and cost about 6, so its not the end of the world if you loose it. Thermarest also do one that a bit bigger but its x3 the price as well...

willie : these are use quite extensively in Germany where you can be in high seats for hours they are extremely comfortable easy to get in and out off.

There's always the suits the the guys that work in the freezer factories use which is a one piece suit fully insulated

http://www.unitedsafety.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=331

http://www.ppekit.co.uk/index.php?ma...9807&network=s

If your looking for something to keep your arse warm ,use a bit of bubble wrap ,or buy a camping sleeping mat and cut it to the size of your seat .