Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 105gr Hornady A MAX in 243

105gr Hornady A MAX in 243

HI , does anyone shoot these through a Howa 1500 in 243 , and how good a group do you get .
    Thanks Brian

you need a fairly fast twist rate to stabalise these, not sure a factory rifle will manage it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    you need a fairly fast twist rate to stabalise these, not sure a factory rifle will manage it.

Dave
    +1

My Remington shoots these no problem, .57 inch groups. Factory rifle
    Al

Ranger22

Just picked up some of these & trying to work up a load for my remington, what powder are you using?
    I have loaded some up using H-414 not had a chance to get out & shoot some paper yet.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrian View Post
    HI , does anyone shoot these through a Howa 1500 in 243 , and how good a group do you get .
    Thanks Brian
    As mentioned many times before:-

The only way to find out if YOUR rifle likes them is TO SHOOT THEM THROUGH YOUR RIFLE.

What my rifle, Joe Bloggs rifle or Charlie Browns like may have no bearing on this matter what so ever.

It really is quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKY View Post
    Ranger22

Just picked up some of these & trying to work up a load for my remington, what powder are you using?
    I have loaded some up using H-414 not had a chance to get out & shoot some paper yet.
    John
    Hi John, i used H4831sc. I worked it up from 38gr - 41gr, 41gr produced the tightest group. None of the groups i did were over an inch in size
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    As mentioned many times before:-

The only way to find out if YOUR rifle likes them is TO SHOOT THEM THROUGH YOUR RIFLE.

What my rifle, Joe Bloggs rifle or Charlie Browns like may have no bearing on this matter what so ever.

It really is quite simple.

To be fair tho Brit, if someone has a Howa 1500 in .243 and it stabalises these bullets, there's a pretty good chance his will. Sure there will be microscopic differences in the same make and model, but as a rule of thumb what works with one, should work with the other!

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

the Remington rifles should shoot them because there not a 1 in 10 twist like most 243's there a 1 in 9 and a 1/4

my rem700 with a factory barrel did not like the 105 a-max . it states on the box for a 1-8 twist that not to say your barrel wont like them mine did not.