Thread: Asking for a change in calibre

Asking for a change in calibre

Chaps

Rang flo today to ask for a 270 to be added to my variation as i want to ditch the 308 and 243. Was told i need a letter from one of my land owners giving me permission to use a 270. What a load of old rubbish ! Does anyone know if this is law ?? Would basc be interested in it ??

ATB Steve

Might just be less hassle to give them what they ask for.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Hi Steve if you go down the route of getting a letter from your landowner, get him to put, permission to use shotgun and any rifle of suitable calibre for the control of vermin fox deer and boar, that should cover you for anything in future, did you have any luck at dundale.
    rgds geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Might just be less hassle to give them what they ask for.
    That is why they can do this to us, just letting them rule over us is wrong. Why do they have to make it so hard surely basc can help
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 05-03-2012 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Hi Steve if you go down the route of getting a letter from your landowner, get him to put, permission to use shotgun and any rifle of suitable calibre for the control of vermin fox deer and boar, that should cover you for anything in future, did you have any luck at dundale.
    rgds geoff
    my letters all state, using calibres recomended for said species.... they cant argue with that

A bit odd that SF, if you are already use'n a 308 they obviously passed the land check beforehand,

and your willing to give the 308 & 243 up you'd think they'd be more than happy to accommodate

you. Anyways it'll sort itself out no doubt.

Atb, Billy.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"