Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Packages Fees Forestry Commission England

Stalking Packages Fees Forestry Commission England

Hi All
    I contacted the forestry commission for stalking prices this what they sent me.

A) one weeks package consisting of:-
    Range test. eight outings, Incusive of culled Animals

Males (all species) £828.00
    Females (all species) £698.00

B) Two day Package consisting of:-
    Range test. Three outings, inclusive of culled animals

Males (all species) £362.00
    Females (all species) £297.00

C) One days package consisting of:-
    Range test one outing (minimum of 3 hours), inclusive of culled animals
    Males (all species) £221
    Females (all species) £195

All prices are inclusive of VAT
    Trophy animals by speacial arrangement only

To rich for me

Plus you have to add on any accommodation costs that you may incur,
    this is why the package that Malcom on the site is offering up in sutherland is a drop in the ocean

The forestry commission will always charge a fortune for stalking cos they are constantly running at a loss.

wadas

Which FC area did you contact Bonnie?

West Midlands Forest District

If you said; as the range test takes ten minutes [usually its 3 shots in a 4" circle @ 100yds. then one the day rate it equals £195 an outing for a 3 hour stalk

Even on an week package an outing only comes down to £87.25

The sooner the FC offer us stalkers leases like they do in Scotland the better I think

As a thought

With all the press (BBC) coverage of reducing deer numbers, why not go to your local MP with all the information of the DI saying reduce numbers and the forestry commission charges, that rather than letting compitent stalkers help with this problem just want to charge the earth (then moan about amature tropy hunters).

Surely pressure could be brought upon Goverment bodys (DI/FC) by the MP's who in therory run these bodies.

I watched the link previously posted of the Countryfile programme stating the deer could not be controlled as there were not enough professional stalkers and most of the non professionals do it as a hobby and only shoot miniml numbers.
    After seeing the "other side" putting the debate into the open arena why not take the bull by the horns.
    Put together a proper pressure group of ordinary stalkers, (forget these idiots in BASC and BDS, they will screw it up before you get off the ground) and press for the opening up to the public of government owned land, land we all own in effect as it is in the US and New Zealand DOC Lands.
    If we are expected to get our Level 2 quals we are then quailified professionals, therefore we should be given access to the FC land without charge.
    It makes sense works well elsewhere so why not just for once get your arses into gear and stop complaining about the state of things and fight to change them ..

Just an idea, won't be easy in fact probably damn near impossible .. but if you don't try you won't fail

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle69
    press for the opening up to the public of government owned land, land we all own in effect as it is in the US and New Zealand DOC Lands.
    If we are expected to get our Level 2 quals we are then quailified professionals, therefore we should be given access to the FC land without charge.
    I couldnít agree more, it really pisses me off that we have to pay twice for our stalking on FC land, once by subsidising them with our taxes and then again for a lease, in which they tie you up with so much red tape you would think that they donít really want you there stalking.

If you are a walker, horse rider, mountain biker ect you get access to the forestry for free. But we have to pay though the nose.

In most other countries public land is free to access or only a administration fee. I think we would stand a better chance of getting free access up here in Scotland due to our parliament, crofters rights ect.

Best rgds

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Muntiacus
    As a thought
    And it is a good one. I will write to my MP and also ask BASC to lobby. David did say on this forum that stalkers should tell BASC what they want - and I want open access to FC land. I've paid for a bit of it and by managing deer I am helping to protect my investment!

Let's not forget that Brown (when Chancellor) supported "the Year of the Volunteer" - so how about volunteering to manage deer on FC land? Every week hundreds of folk turn out to support local Nature Trusts with habitat management and similar activities, so why shouldn't we do the same for the FC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country
    Quote Originally Posted by Muntiacus
    As a thought
    And it is a good one. I will write to my MP and also ask BASC to lobby. David did say on this forum that stalkers should tell BASC what they want - and I want open access to FC land. I've paid for a bit of it and by managing deer I am helping to protect my investment!

Let's not forget that Brown (when Chancellor) supported "the Year of the Volunteer" - so how about volunteering to manage deer on FC land? Every week hundreds of folk turn out to support local Nature Trusts with habitat management and similar activities, so why shouldn't we do the same for the FC?
    Good idea Batman
    Us rec stalkers would love to help or investment grow

Jonathon