Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Holey cow!!!! 3 months

  1. #1

    Holey cow!!!! 3 months

    Just realised that I have 3 months till my last day in the RAF after 22 years. That's a sneeky little bugger, crept up on me.

  2. #2
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,830
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    Just realised that I have 3 months till my last day in the RAF after 22 years. That's a sneeky little bugger, crept up on me.
    i bet you can't wait

    i know i was over the moon to be out of it way back when

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  3. #3
    Looking forward to it but scared sh$£tless at the same time, not got a guaranteed job or a house to live in yet. Been applyng like mad though.

  4. #4
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,830
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    Looking forward to it but scared sh$£tless at the same time, not got a guaranteed job or a house to live in yet. Been applyng like mad though.
    i wish you all the best with it bud

    done the leaving bit way back in 86 and it was not to good then, and now's a darn bit harder.

    atb

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  5. #5
    Blimey, is there still a Royal Air Force? After ditching the Harrier force and handing over Nimrod MR4 to some dodgy scrap dealer I didn't think there was anyone left. After 22 years of good and faithful service can you turn the lights out when you leave? Thanks.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    Looking forward to it but scared sh$£tless at the same time, not got a guaranteed job or a house to live in yet. Been applyng like mad though.
    Nothing to be scared about although the thought of the unknown can put you on edge a little. I know first hand as I left the RAF a few years ago but I was no where near your 22 years of service, you old fart .

  7. #7
    Get on the Lsl it's a toilet out here

  8. #8
    A lot of the traditional LSL jobs are getting cut under the current climate, NRPS might be the way to go with the expansion of the TA

    Dave

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Blimey, is there still a Royal Air Force? After ditching the Harrier force and handing over Nimrod MR4 to some dodgy scrap dealer I didn't think there was anyone left. After 22 years of good and faithful service can you turn the lights out when you leave? Thanks.
    Don't you just hate piss taking pongos???It could be worse, I think there are still enough in the RAF for it to keep it's name , unlike the Army (or soon to be British Defence Yeomanry)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    Nothing to be scared about although the thought of the unknown can put you on edge a little. I know first hand as I left the RAF a few years ago but I was no where near your 22 years of service, you old fart .
    Old fart, that's me!! I think it does boil down to not knowing about the job or housing situation. I feel that it'll fall into place as time goes on, but right now it's scary.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    Don't you just hate piss taking pongos???It could be worse, I think there are still enough in the RAF for it to keep it's name , unlike the Army (or soon to be British Defence Yeomanry)
    You Pongos and Crabs don't have it any better than us, the Navy is now the most heavily armed fishery protection force in the world. Although we (might) have a Cruise Missile aimed at the Argentinian President's Shed...

    We're all just the f£%king armed wing of the Red Cross now anyway.

    From a jaded submariner.

Similar Threads

  1. Cow For Sale.
    By squirrelnutkin in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 20:37
  2. Biggest kill yet (cow)
    By roedeerred in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 25-06-2011, 18:10
  3. Mad cow disease
    By squirrelnutkin in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-05-2011, 13:17
  4. Calling in a cow
    By Dick darstardly in forum Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-05-2010, 05:37
  5. Poor cow.....
    By blueboar in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 19:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •