Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sales Limit

Sales Limit

Is it me?

Everytime I logon to this stalking site there are some members in particular selling everything but (or including) the kitchen sink.

Member(s) are using this site as a personal ebay and it is pissing me off.

If you introduced a small fee for this service (charity maybe) it would sort this out in a stroke.

Cherio

Account Suspended
    That seems a bit carmudgeonly.

For every sale there's not only a seller but a buyer too.

I've bought far more than I've sold on here and made some good contacts and one or two I'd even consider as friends now out of the exercise.

Long may the current terms continue.

I agree Tamus... just a crabbit wee stalker that 308boy... maybe he hasn't ran out of dosh or had a bad illness and had to offload kit that is tieing up good cash?

Quote Originally Posted by 308boy View Post
    Sales Limit.

Is it me?
    Yes.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    its most likely me who's pi55ed him off (o dear )

i asked permission to place my adds and was told to crack on, i think that if its no use to me then maybe there is someone out there who wants it, does it not make sense to see if anyone does, and if it sells then you have both a happy buyer and a happy seller,

makes for a happier place doe's it not.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Is it me?

Everytime I logon to this stalking site there are some members in particular selling everything but (or including) the kitchen sink.

Cherio
    How many items you would consider reasonable in a year per member? imo it is an excellent way to get a bargain and i would like to thanks this site and its members for it. With regard to charging members, i'm sure if any member went too far the admin would step in and ask for them to take out trade membership to continue selling.

atb Blue.

It would also "sort it out" as you say if you just didn't bother clicking on the sales section.

Bob

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I did forget to mention the fact that if the forum was to ask me to pay a one of yearly fee for using the sales section i would pay it with no issues,.

i love the sales and swaps bits, if you have a budget to keep to then these sales do help people out in more ways than one. in the past i have had a good job with Fn good wages, suddenly i don't have that anymore, so i get shot of all the bits i have had for years (like we all do) that no longer are used or needed and sell them on to allow me to keep doing my shooting,

I really don't think its a bad thing, and this forum bar NONE have what i call the correct attitude about it.

kind regards

bob.

ps: if i have something you need want or just fancy "I'll always have a price for it" you can count on me.

PPS: and im not a trader, just in case you thought of asking
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Is it me?
    I'm with you on this one. No need to say cheerio and disappear as you're not alone. There has been a blizzard of ads. of late, many of which aren't related to shooting. At times it's more Steptoe & Son than SD.

I've noticed one individual flogging more Die-Sets than he can possibly have held rifles for on his ticket so maybe not everyone is fessing up to 'trade status'. There are certainly members who do nothing but push stuff, and hover around looking for a bargain without ever contributing to the debate or any of the forums. That only mirrors life so not easy to discourage predatory behaviour.

It can be a real turnoff at certain times of day, and I don't look at 'Todays Posts' as often as I used to. This Link could maybe do with a filter to remove 'Classifieds' for the browsers who aren't interested.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Is it me?

If you introduced a small fee for this service (charity maybe) it would sort this out in a stroke.

Cherio
    No it wouldn't sort it out, if you had to pay a nominal 1 say to sell an item, they would still sell as many items just put the fee on top
    of the price they want.

Does it really matter how many items one person sells as long as they are advertising them honestly and at a reasonable price?