Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riflecraft's New Hardy Gen III Moderator

Riflecraft's New Hardy Gen III Moderator

I was at the shooting show last weekend and saw Riflecraft's new Gen III Hardy moderator, it looked very nice at only 360gr and it didn't extend the barrel by much either.

Since I would love to change the big and bulky Wildcat Predator on my 270WSM I am on the look out for an equally as effective but lighter weight alternative, has anybody got any experience of this one??

Open Season also had a light weight mod but I just can't remember what it was called.

Get an atec maxim.

Atb
    Moses

I was also at the show and had a look at the Open Season moderator which is about to be launched. It's called the Trident and it looked impressive. The link to the website when the moderator is launched is: http://tridentmoderators.com/

I also saw this mod, and was greatly taken by it, I dug around and found the companies website;
    www.hardyrifleengineering.co.nz, the video clip is impressive!

Had a handle of the Trident on the Open Seasons stand. Couldn't see why its another 100 on top of the Hardy. Except maybe the fact that its sold by Open Seasons?.............
    Although I did notice that you can add baffle sections to it unlike the Atec, which although it appears to be sold as expandable, the makers say it should only be done by someone with the correct tools!
    I was looking for a mod on the day and was almost swayed to buy the Thomas Lowe model, until I saw the Hardy on the Riflecraft stand!!
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I was also at the show and had a look at the Open Season moderator which is about to be launched. It's called the Trident and it looked impressive. The link to the website when the moderator is launched is: http://tridentmoderators.com/
    It's a pity Rupert at OS can't get his web site sorted out. He told me last Sunday at Newark that it would be up on Monday - so I guess he's had a frustrating week with that.

Riflecraft also told me that it didn't matter if the mod was calibre specific and hence you could use the same one on everything from a 30 cal down to a 17, this is contrary to my own thinking, the most effective mods I have had have all been calibre specific.

Riflecraft are claiming better noise reduction figures than the A-Tec Maxim.

I also agree that Open Season need to sort their website out.

I did prefer the look and feel of the Hardy to the Trident but it's in the field where it really matters
    Last edited by AnthonyR; 03-03-2012 at 17:12.

would'nt touch a Thomas Lowe moderator with a bargepole ,they dont hold zero, and turn a 1/2 moa rifle into a 2 moa rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfifer View Post
    would'nt touch a Thomas Lowe moderator with a bargepole ,they dont hold zero, and turn a 1/2 moa rifle into a 2 moa rifle.
    Sounds like you've had a bad experience. Do you know the source of the problem? Were there any signs of clipping? A loose fit on the threads?

Am also very interested in the Gen III since it was reviewed in Sporting Shooter. Spoke to Bentley ( ? ) at Riflecraft last week and he has done me a good deal. Ultimately they are a retailer and stock all the usual suspects so have nothing to gain by pushing one over the other but the Gen III beats them all in terms of weight and noise reduction.

Will it beat them all in the field, would I be able to tell anyway.........I don't know, but it will be better than what I am using now which is nothing !

Variation should be through in a couple of weeks so I will keep you appraised as to how I am getting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Sounds like you've had a bad experience. Do you know the source of the problem? Were there any signs of clipping? A loose fit on the threads?
    dont know what the problem is just put it down to a bad design.Looks good from the outside trouble must be inside.