Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun blueing

Shotgun blueing

Has anyone come across this, I've got a Beretta 686s I've had 15-16 years that is getting a bit rough. I've sent it in to be reblued and apparently it's been painted. Not by me I may say. Has this ever been a finish Beretta have offered??Also the polishing near the ejectors, who can redo all that?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

SD Regular
    I believe Mark Pierce at Leominster Gun Room is seen as one of the better barrel re-bluers around - give him a call.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

The barrel has already gone for a reblue. He just won't be able to do the ornate polishing around the ejectors.

Has anyone seen a painted finish on Beretta barrels though? He's going to see how hard it is to get off.
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Send it to a "Proper" gunmaker I believe someone like Wilds in Birmingham. I have never used them but it'a an old established family firm going back several generations and according the to write up i read many years ago they can also do proper London Black. They should also be able to re-fresh the polish at the breech and extractors. If not they will say so.

Of course you could contact the Berretta place in London. I would not bother with Ray Wards though. John is trading on his fathers name an reputation he is not the gunsmith his father was he is cute a business though .

Johnsons just outside London they do a lot for the big london firms and the best iv ever dealt with, wisemans nr cannock are good and as brit says wilds , a good economy job vaugn langlass nr blackpool he has done some good work for me in past at very reasonable rates . DF

Cheers, the barrels are already in for the reblue depending how hard it is to get the paint finish off. It's the polishing that I wasn't sure if it was reapplyable.
    Phoned GMK and they said they have never known beretta to paint barrels so it's an aftermarket job.
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

If it is redoable is it a quick process or does each polished circle (excuse the ignorance!) need to be done individually?
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Bk i have had lots of barrels done that have had jeweling around the lumps and faces and always lost the effect, if its a chemical tank black job you will certainly loose them.
    maybe not if its a more expensive traditional rust black process where they paint the solution on prior to rusting, best bet is ask matt at johnsons or maybe phil turner at bozards or any of the other firms hope this helps . DF

Did you redo the effect or leave it blued?
    Another 7mm08 shooter!