Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shotgun bluing ARE THESE THE BARRELS I SENT ???

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

shotgun bluing ARE THESE THE BARRELS I SENT ???

well lads i have just got my old lanber barrels back from a lad i have known for a few years but i did not know he did such a good job.

i sent these of to Rich knowning he was not in the best of health but with me going in for my op i thought it would be fine as i will not need them for now, the gun barrels had seen far far better days and they really needed a good job done to bring them back to life,

here they are before they went, (not easy to see, but take it from me they are bad)

Attachment 13227Attachment 13228Attachment 13229

the postman has just been to the front door with them as they are now, and boy am i happy, i will have to check these are the same ones i sent, they had a few dinks that even the blueing will not hid, BUT ARE THESE THE SAME BARRELS?

here they are now with the reblue.i am over the moon and cant wait to go to the shooting grounds with it, i used to get asked why i ever kept the lanber over my browning, and when i was seen shooting it they all said you shoot that old thing rather well for a rifle shooter, well hold me back no longer with head held high and a big smile ill be back soon with that OLD lanber thats as good as new.thanks richbob.

Attachment 13230Attachment 13231Attachment 13232
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I thought you had to be a RFD to receive a component part of a firearm through the post?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Blog Entries
    well the postman mentioned was my local rfd Darren,

he will be miffed when he reads this on here

hes been running around for me as i can't drive for another 6 weeks and came to drop of the barrels and collect my 308 for screw cutting,

sorry for the confusion its a personal fun dig at Darren.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Shotgun (s.2) barrels are not classified as such, components only refer to S1 firearms.

Frank

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    Shotgun (s.2) barrels are not classified as such, components only refer to S1 firearms.

Frank
    if this is true Frank the total bill for the bluing would have set me back about 30 less than it did, as the lads above said, i sent these from rfd to rfd at 15 each end ??

bob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Are these for sale ?
    funny.

they are back on the gun ready for the return to shooting

bob.

Reminds me of a quote in a book I have somewhere. As a lad the author brought an old shotgun and after a bit takes itt eh the smith and asks about reblacking the barrels. The smith looks at them and asks what it wrong with them. The lad answered :-

Well they are a bit worn.

The smith hands the barrels back saying well come back and see me when they are all worn with a wink.

It took the lad a bit of time to work it out but he finally did. Honest wear and tear is no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post

Frank
    Not 100% sure on this one but i think that Frank is right, the action and the for end and the components, the barrels are just two tubes of steel.