Thread: WANE Bill Scotland

WANE Bill Scotland

(wowee a stalking related topic)

There seems to be a lot of teeth gnashing about this bill which plans to pull a feather out is arse in less than 30 days.

Now I have been on the BASC (read EASC) web site, SGA web site and SACS web site and none have anyrthing about any changes that are imminent for shooters.

is this remiss or (forgive me Widows Son) are the blawhards at the top table surpressing the release of information for a reason.

May be EASC representative on here can comment and I will ask SACS directly.

I have looked at the government web-site but that is nothing but alphabet soup, designed not to be understood by the masses.

Can anyone who has a clear easy to understand interpretation (not some hyperlink or hubris about us motals being thick) please post it for me?

Thanks

You're entirely correct 308 - the only way you can make sense of this is to print out the relevant parts of both the WANE Act and the Deer Scotland Act 1996 and relate one to the other - and of course they each make reference to other sections of the same act within the text. Its very confusing - and I work with contracts all the time!

I'd say it was high time that BASC Scotland got its head down and produced an idiots guide - as you say this is URGENT - its all happening in less than a month.

Its all very well folks posting on this on the Forum (no matter how well intentioned or referenced) but we need an authoritative source with references back to the legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by 308boy View Post
    (wowee a stalking related topic)

There seems to be a lot of teeth gnashing about this bill which plans to pull a feather out is arse in less than 30 days.

Now I have been on the BASC (read EASC) web site, SGA web site and SACS web site and none have anyrthing about any changes that are imminent for shooters.

is this remiss or (forgive me Widows Son) are the blawhards at the top table surpressing the release of information for a reason.

May be EASC representative on here can comment and I will ask SACS directly.

I have looked at the government web-site but that is nothing but alphabet soup, designed not to be understood by the masses.

Can anyone who has a clear easy to understand interpretation (not some hyperlink or hubris about us motals being thick) please post it for me?

Thanks
    Colin I'll phone you reference the above (even the educated can struggle ) lol