rat bait

mo

anyone know what the most effective bait is for rats? we have a new lodger in the garden so i thought id get the air rifle out. any tips advice welcome.

thanks

only use bromadiolone and protect it from non target species dont chuck it all over better still get a profesional in

If you want to keep them in one place whilst you pick 'em off with your air rifle, then a pile of crumbled up biscuits will do 'em. They would normally prefer to take bits away to eat under cover, but if you crumble them finely they can't do this and will eat where they are. As above, peanut and chocolate flavours are favourite.

Tinned cat food mixed with water works well. Again as above if they cant pick it up and carry it they are forced to eat it where you decide you want them to be. Dad once used a custard cream smeared with peanut butter to great effect. If you want a bit more sport try suspending a bait in the air just out of reach. It forces the rats ot stand on their hind legs and you can guess the rest

Happy shooting

Pj

Based upon the number of rats I've shot around one of our feeders with the air rifle recently, it has to be wheat!!

Anyhting that makes em hold still for s few seconds, so summat sticky or large, or both will do. Peanut butter as suggested. Then nail the little scaly-tailed b*****d!!

anyone know what the most effective bait is for rats? we have a new lodger in the garden so i thought id get the air rifle out. any tips advice welcome.

thanks

Bromadiolone is a good bait but you have to get them to eat plenty of it as its a multi feed rodenticide...if it was indoors or in the drains Brodifacoum is far better. Look for Rodine C which has Bromadiolone in it or any other grain based bait with this ingredient. Dont bother with Difenacoum!

Call the RSPCA and they will come round and trap them then let them go on a nice wee country estate.

thanks
Neoserexa works a treat
Either place it in a bit of drain pipe and keep baiting every day untill it stops being eaten or find where the rats are living
Ie holes in ground
Then place the poison (2 teaspoons) in plastic sandwich bags and place in the holes
Idea is the rat will drag the food back to the nest
Keep replacing untill the bags stop being taken
Remember some poison take a few days to take effect and then it may cause the rats to be more visual as the poison takes effect

The rats in our garden love my peanut butter baits. I put a big blod in a milk bottle top in the live catch trap. The next day, went to check it and the bait AND the bottle top (one of the green plastic ones from a 2 litre bottle) have disappeared!

You need a bait which can't be carried off so the peanut butter is ideal but if you put in in a container they will move the lot in one go.

if you are air rifle shooting pick a spot that ratso likes to frequent grate up 2 squares of milk chocolate tip it on your chosen site in a pile
return to your rifle and wait a while ratso cant resist chocolate and as its grated cant run off with it this has worked countless times for me
last tim about 7 weeks ago ironicly i also put down a dollop of peanut butter ratso ran straight over it to get the chocolate an old fella told me of this years ago
and i thought what grellocks so tried the chocolate and it works every time for me .......you can eat the rest while waiting sounds stupid dont it
but i swear i aint pullin yer weasle

if theres only a couple of holes , cut the bottom out of some tin cans so they make a tube , cut the legs out of the wifes tights , slip a leg over a tin a turn an inch over a paper clip it on , push the open end down the hole and flood the burry with a hose pipe . They bolt up the tin down the tights t the toe , belt it with a stick

Back