Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bases supplied with x bolt any good

bases supplied with x bolt any good

are the weaver ones supplied with the gun any good or are there better alternatives ?

Lifted the following from the Browning website:-

X-Lockô Scope Mounting System
    Securely mounted optics are essential for accuracy and precision on any rifle. To ensure the new X-Bolt has the most stable scope mounting system possible, the X-Lock mounts feature an all new four screw per base design that replaces the traditional two screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the bases being secured at all four corners, rather than only attached at the center of the base for more accurate placement on the receiver.

I take it this isn't the latest model. If that's the scenario, there's nothing wrong with 2-screw Weaver mounts.

Most U.S. rifles and several European models (such as Heyms I've had) are drilled and tapped for these, so they're universal.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

mine is new with the four bolt mounts i was just wondering if there is better out there as the ones supplied Amazon.com: Weaver Top Mount Silver Black Base Pair - Browning X-Bolt: Sports Outdoors are very cheap

i put a third eye tactical rail and mount on mine and they did the the job spot on,still got the mounts and rail but not the rifle,regards sako

Seeking clarification here .... your question is whether the Weaver mounts supplied by Browning with your X-bolt are inferior to a set of unknown Weaver mounts on Amazon?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Seeking clarification here .... your question is whether the Weaver mounts supplied by Browning with your X-bolt are inferior to a set of unknown Weaver mounts on Amazon?
    The ones on amazon are the ones supplied with the gun

I use Weaver mounts on my 375 H&H. I think the ones you have will hold up....~Muir

The weaver mounts that come with the X-Bolt are alluminium, not that well made in my opinion.
    I used Leupold double dovetail mounts and matching rings, look good, solid as a rock.
    I also still have them (although the rifle is gone) complete with a brand new set of low 1 inch rings, which are just high enough for a 6x42 S&B.
    Don't suppose I will use them again, so if anybody wants them pm me, I'm sure we can sort something out.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by sako 75 View Post
    i put a third eye tactical rail and mount on mine and they did the the job spot on,still got the mounts and rail but not the rifle,regards sako
    I opted for the same Third Eye stuff although never had any problems with the x-bolt originals, did exactly what was asked of them. My problem was that I initially got the scope height wrong because the bases already lifted the mounts off the receiver, unlike a built in dovetail (like on the Tikka) so using a 56mm scope I normally would have opted for the high rings but with these bases the medium rings were sufficient..

the browning x bolt mounts that come with it have worked fine for me but beware how you put them on,there is a front and back.I didnt realise this and took it back to the gunshop sayig it would not zero to the scope.After a bit of messing around they realised what it was but did not have prior knowledge of it