Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Recession cost cutting and affordability

  1. #1

    Recession cost cutting and affordability

    Hi,

    Following a long hard debate today with my wife i have opted out of one of my syndicates.
    Its unfair i pay for a place as we struggle to make ends meet.
    Granted works busy but pay is not as steady as it should be.
    Also all extra monies are been swallowed up with building costs.
    Man it was hard.
    Dont get me wrong i didnt go there often but when i did i always seen plenty of deer.
    With a 75% take home average it was worth it.
    I hope the lease holder will fill the space and you will be one lucky person. enjoy.

    Times are hard and i for-see harder ones on the horizon.

    f,

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Hi,

    Following a long hard debate today with my wife i have opted out of one of my syndicates.
    Its unfair i pay for a place as we struggle to make ends meet.
    Granted works busy but pay is not as steady as it should be.
    Also all extra monies are been swallowed up with building costs.
    Man it was hard.
    Dont get me wrong i didnt go there often but when i did i always seen plenty of deer.
    With a 75% take home average it was worth it.
    I hope the lease holder will fill the space and you will be one lucky person. enjoy.

    Times are hard and i for-see harder ones on the horizon.

    f,
    what a shame shjt happens frank at least you making a pound

  3. #3
    +1 with you on that one. My missus is complaining about the fact that we haven't had a holiday for 3 years, but looking long term I don't see an early end to our problems (the country, not me and the missus). There are a few other threads on here about how difficult it is and how people are suffering. But it sounds that you at least have some other land to keep you going.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  4. #4
    things cant be that bad a heard u just picked up another 200 acre of new plant just 2 miles from ur house

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    things cant be that bad a heard u just picked up another 200 acre of new plant just 2 miles from ur house
    I have shooting of a farm on this farm (700 acres) is a small plantation of 200 acres of fenced trees (oilmanjd has been here seen it and knows this story) i have permission from the farmer to shoot on these trees but they belong to a company in England who use them as an offset against their green foot print. I know whom else shoots the land via the opposite landowner who shares another 200 or so acres of other trees with this firm and although i have the farmers ok the company Representative has not given me a formal ok thus i have never actually shot it, nor will i. i did however walk it yesterday as planned and seen no signs of deer in or around it and no fresh fraying. No diseased trees and no wind fall. My two dogs didn't spook anything either and its safe to say that yesterday there was nothing there. I reported this to the farmer and in due course he will return that to the firm with a request that i get written permission to manage the land unlike the other person.

    The decision to relinquish my syndicate place has nothing to do with 200 acres of fenced trees. it was a financial one and time constraints.

    I do hope that clarifies things and if you have any more thoughts on the matter i am happy to hear them dean, do ask as i will get back to you.

    regards f,

  6. #6
    Yup f know how you feel had to sell my beloved audi because work just isn't constant, not had a full week since November.
    David

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    things cant be that bad a heard u just picked up another 200 acre of new plant just 2 miles from ur house
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    I have shooting of a farm on this farm (700 acres) is a small plantation of 200 acres of fenced trees .........
    i did however walk it yesterday ...........
    ............
    regards f,
    Wow, news travels fast in this game.... I think you're under surveillance Frank

    Oh - It was great to have you in our syndicate and you'll be welcome back anytime.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by philross View Post
    Wow, news travels fast in this game.... I think you're under surveillance Frank

    Oh - It was great to have you in our syndicate and you'll be welcome back anytime.
    Hi Phil,

    The pleasure was mine, thanks for a great year, wish the lads luck.

    thanks for everything,

    yours franks.

  9. #9
    Like Frank I've had to pull the plug on some things this year.

    I think times a trying for a lot of folks at the moment, and belt tightening is happening everywhere.
    I was hoping that we'd seen the worst of it, but I'll reserve judgement on that till later on this year.

    Brian

  10. #10
    Frank, for me, the pulling in of the horns & the tightening of belts began around two years ago, working for myself ceased & agency slavery took over, the beloved Land Rover defender pick-up was sold on & replaced by the petrol sipping midget Jimny,, things are just starting to improve for us, agency has been replaced by induction to full time working, cards in, at the place I have been at for around 18 months on & off, contrary to the eejits on the telly & in the newspapers, talking the country down, I have seen a resurgence of confidence at lots of firms where I collect from, some also taking in apprentices again (proper old fashioned indentured ones!), some have also recalled workers laid off over the last two years,........... maybe it's going a bit slow at your end, but chin up mate! (& proper family type holidays, as opposed to me just stalking,... the last hols "We" had, I was listening to the radio in the truck while travelling down to Barmouth, & Lady Di had just been killed.)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Similar Threads

  1. Screw Cutting
    By Jonty11 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 22:45
  2. Recession , How many more will hit the wall
    By Monument veiw in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 00:16
  3. Screw Cutting
    By Moonraker68 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-03-2011, 19:19
  4. Head cutting saw
    By Harry mac in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 18:03
  5. screw cutting cost
    By Lloyd90 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 13:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •