Recession cost cutting and affordability

Hard times ahead for many of us. My kids left home long time back, but I still support them whenever they need it. Like many they work long hours and struggle to make ends meet, but its during these harder times that having family and friends around you to help and support each other is vital. That is something the government cant take away from us or charge us for.

I think most folk are in the same boat but at least you are doing the right thing, curtailing expenditure, many would just use the credit card!
Although I returned to being a wage slave last year, it's not been easy for self employed folk. I've cut my weeks fishing to 1 day [was yesterday, cold wind no use! although good company, food and luxury fishing hut:)] The wildfowling has ceased over the last 3 years, I'm still keeping my pheasant syndicate place but no hols!

Oh yes but you will be in the same boat as me, we will be OK living of the fortune we made when contracting:stir:

Just how far are we expected to keep cutting back?
Soon it`ll be easier to pay your wages straight into the treasury just to cover the ever increasing taxes.
Can it get to the stage where Greece is now?? I wouldn`t bet on it ................................

£1.70 ppl for diesel is forecast for the summer and i am trying to sell a 7mpg/ 44t artic.....

Well well until you make a stand against your Mp's expense accounts there going to be nothing done about fuel costs .

Do you get expenses to go to work i don't, weeks of paid holidays i dont get them either .

MP's do, you as tax payers pay it all, so until the expense accounts are stopped or allowanced ,so it only pays for food and accomodation, the price of fuel will keep rising as its not hurting there pocket one bit ,the small man get smaller by the day in this country.

All i see on the TV is send £3.00 for this £3.00 for that aid for this one and that one they've no food they've no water, in the pictures all you can see is kids send them contraception educate a people that if they know there is hardship dont bring children into this world .

Back