Thread: Books about breeding dogs

Books about breeding dogs

Next year I would like to take a litter out of my BMH bitch to keep the line going.

Can anyone please recommend me a good book or two specifically about breeding to get a hold of.

My vet recommended one called "Book of the bitch"

Cheers

David

Book of the bitch gets my vote. I have bred a few litters over the years and this book is never far away for reference.

Not exclusively about breeding but contains a wealth of knowledge and is definately worth owning.

Stephen
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

+1- Book of the bitch, excellent book with all the answers to any questions you may have

p.s. Written by J M Evans and Kay White ISBN: 0876056036

If you are breeding your Bitch David with the limited gene pool for the BMH . A wee read of dog breeding and genetics is a book worth a look.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Br...0855748&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Book of the bitch gets my vote. I have bred a few litters over the years and this book is never far away for reference.

Not exclusively about breeding but contains a wealth of knowledge and is definately worth owning.

Stephen
    just bought a copy off amazon for 5 posted !

Gone for book of the bitch, as it seems to be the one.

Also from amazon so hopefully ill have some good reading by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    If you are breeding your Bitch David with the limited gene pool for the BMH . A wee read of dog breeding and genetics is a book worth a look.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Br...0855748&sr=1-1
    Cheers