Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best word of the year.

Best word of the year.

Not sure if this actually belongs in this section, cos it's to close to the truth
    Brian

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) -

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

The problems we face today are there because...
    The people who work for a living, are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

The problems this country faces was not caused by the current government but by the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    The problems this country faces was not caused by the current government but by the previous one.
    And you thought the lot before were trust worthy honest and good ? :-\ - without wishing to get into a political argument hey paid all our oil money to the yuppies and didnt put it into infrastructure NHS / education etc and the last lot felt they had to improve it by reinvesting. I used to believe in the integrity and honesty of our political system - now i am just disillutioned with the whole lot of them :-\

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    No the problems were caused by all the previous goverments that we voted for, or against.
    But the real cause is the goverment does as it wishes once in power, and we as a nation let them.

Neil.

well said Hornet6 !! There is not one of those people in any party who I would trust.They could not even rule a single council area without making a mess of it, never mind a whole flaming country.I,m afraid not one of them is in the job for the right reasons.And until such times as a hardline party gets elected there will always be unfairness in the system.One section of the comunity will always be put to the forfront of any of the current parties, with absolute mayhem being the result.Until Britain plc can produce more than it imports,we shall forever be in this situation.The Financial sector can not be relied upon to pull this country out of the quagmire,because they need produce to sell to make the money they gamble with.The books have been cooked for too long now and it is starting to show.We are all deeply in debt, and simply borrowing of Peter to pay Paul is no longer working.The pot is empty and all because a few greedy individuals saw a quick way to make money out of thin air.Now it is biting back they are crying for help from rest of society and there just isn't the substance there anymore,let alone the will.

Ours is supposed to be a government of the people, for the people, by the people - unfortunately, once they are voted in, they forget all about that, as do the general populace (the voters) - and as a consequence, the pigs keep feeding at the trough, and nobody tells them NO.
    It doesn't matter what party they are - they are all self serving, lying, greedy, hypocrites IN MY OPINION - and they are all just as guilty as each other for screwing this country over.

That is a bad word.

Words made of Latin and Greek are bad.

'Television', for example.

Anyone ever got off their backside and filled a vacancy in any "hobby" society? Seems so simple. You suddenly find that in order to do anything the needs of the majority have to be diluted and cover ALL the minorities. NOTHING changes.

Now, the Business of politics is change. This only happens by horse trading/deals etc. in that the hope of the direction continues but at a slower/diluted pace, with maybe a few diversions.

We are all available to stand in order to make change.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Anyone ever got off their backside and filled a vacancy in any "hobby" society?

Stan
    Yes, just coming up to 18 years on a fishing club committee, I like to think I have have made a difference.
    Club has gone from struggling to over 350 members, 4 to 6 lakes, which are all greatly improived and a huge waiting list for membership.

Neil.

Hornet 6,

Struggled with a watersport club (Windsurf, Dinghy & Waterski). Each wanting their own share of expenditure, including new grants for individual disciplines.

They couldn't see the 10 year plan (even if there was one).

Stan