Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubrite best deal please

Clubrite best deal please

Does anyone know the best deal on the Clubrite Club1 hand lamp and red filter please?.
    I am getting Very confused.com .

Thanks,

fraser

Do you mean the Cluson Clu-Briter (CLUB-1) Clu-Briter - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.
    Can't help on the best deal as I bought mine in a local shop, but the filters are not so cheap.
    From memory they are 10 each, made of glass (so don't knoick them), the red is a pinkish red, and all colours
    knock a fair bit off the range. I made my own filters from coloured light film, cost about 4 for a pack of assorted colours.
    Amazon and E-Bay has them for under 50.

Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 04-03-2012 at 11:23.

SD Regular
    Wynnstay were the best online when I bought mine. I ended up buying the filter pack elsewhere though as they didn't have them in at the time.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

The clubrite is good and has a brilliant range as a white light suitable for CF work . . . . . However as soon as you add a filter your cut down to a third of its white range! With a red filter you'rl struggle to get 100 yards tops 70 most likely! I got mine last weekend and got an amber /yellow filter to, haven't tried it yet but will let you know how the yellow works out, not shot under yellow before. So with red filter it's more of a air rifle lamp IMO !
    Am working on a proper write up currently and with some tests to back it up to !

Quote Originally Posted by salopsniper View Post
    The clubrite is good and has a brilliant range as a white light suitable for CF work . . . . . However as soon as you add a filter your cut down to a third of its white range! With a red filter you'rl struggle to get 100 yards tops 70 most likely!
    Only if you use the Cluson glass filters, which are thick, heavy, fragile and expensive.
    Coloured light fim is far better, mine has a yellow filter fitted at all times, and the range is barely affected.

Neil.

SD Regular
    Agree with H6 on this - although I find the yellow glass filter OK. But it is heavy, fragile and expensive and the acetate film does the job just as well. I much prefer yellow as less light is cut out than with red.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    acetate film
    That's the word I was looking for

Neil.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    That's the word I was looking for

Neil.
    film?

Our main weapon is surprise and fear, fear and surpr.....our two weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency.......our THREE main weapons are, surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to .......Doooooh, I'll come in again......

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eric the red View Post
    film?

Our main weapon is surprise and fear, fear and surpr.....our two weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency.......our three main weapons are, surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to .......doooooh, i'll come in again......

....NOOOObody expects the Spanish Inquisition.......
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 05-03-2012 at 23:32. Reason: emphasis on Noooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    film?
    No, acetate

Neil.