Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsc 1 books

Dsc 1 books

Anybody know where i can get the books for the dsc1 from also what kind of money am i looking at paying fro them?? Better still any of you folks have some i can buy off you???
    many thanks

BDS Manual & their Deer Indentification DVD is very useful. atb Tim
    Last edited by timbrayford; 04-03-2012 at 15:04.

David Stretton has the manuals too - Books | Donington Deer Management

Are you going to do a course, because if you are one is usually included in the cost.

Most people keep their manual for future reference (I know I have).

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

if you go on BDS website they have the training manual for sale about 30-00 plus postage

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    David Stretton has the manuals too - Books | Donington Deer Management

Are you going to do a course, because if you are one is usually included in the cost.

Most people keep their manual for future reference (I know I have).
    Yes im hopeing to do one soon but thought if i do a bit reading up first it will make it a bit easier for me on the course

SD Regular
    I believe Jelen might be running a course in the east shortly - their CD and Interactive website helped me massively - I'm sure they will provide a manual too.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

ive sent an email off to chris at ayrstalk as we should be heading up there for holiday at easter (if the wife is ok with it).

Useful reading on the Deer Initiative website

Hi NS,

I would normally suggest that you have a look at my website www.dsctraining.org which is designed specifically to help people such as yourself. It is an interactive on-line learning site for the DSC1 teaching you the answers to the questions and deer identification. It also has additional reading in the form of the Best Practice Guides.

The great think for you is that we have a partnership set up with Chris at Ayrestalk so check with him first about what his courses includes before shelling out on additional training aids - even before signing up for my site! You may be pleasanltly surprised at what Chris has to offer :-)

Whatever happens though, I wish you the very best of luck with your DSC and future stalking.

Regards,

Steve
    Last edited by DSC trainer; 04-03-2012 at 22:13. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk shooter View Post
    Anybody know where i can get the books for the dsc1 from also what kind of money am i looking at paying fro them?? Better still any of you folks have some i can buy off you???
    many thanks
    You can download the excellent Best Practice Guides too in PDF format, also available as printed guides.

I have the SNH/DCS printed copy too one and rate it highly, helped me with my DSC1 study along with the previosuly mentioned BDS Manual and Disease ID booklet.

Scottish National Heritage (DCS) Download page for the guides

http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/siteindex.aspx

Deer Initiative England/Wales

http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/b...nd_welfare.php

Hope that helps a bit

Incidently, I did my Level one with Chris at Ayrstalk & would recommend his establishment to anyone. Top bloke

Rigboot