Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghillie suits. ?

Ghillie suits. ?

Whats peoples views on ghillie suits do they tend to get in the way when wood stalking or are they recomended ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy86 View Post
    Whats peoples views on ghillie suits do they tend to get in the way when wood stalking or are they recomended ?
    Leave them with the people they were intended for ,there only there to fool the human eye not a animal whos sense of smell is second to none ,your a deer stalker not a soldier.

Good point think i will just stick to the real tree

Ghillie suits are primarily designed for the prone position. A stalking Ghillie looks very odd!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Well said widows son
    some folk have weird ideas about stalking.
    in saying that the industry that makes them is big on pushing them
    nothing finer than leaving a trail of ghillie suit in the bracken

bally

Quote Originally Posted by Andy86 View Post
    Good point think i will just stick to the real tree
    i believe that its not all about pattern but rather material, a non reflective material is les visible to an animal. if you have ever watched anyone stalk into a deer from a distance you can sometimes see the clothing glisten in the sunlight and thats what the animal will see too.

as for the suit as stated not really a stalkers suit more used for an ambush but heh so is a high seat lol.

f,

I saw some tube dressed in one waiting for a bus beside our local park. No effing idea what he thought he was up to. Lad was about 20 years old, I nearly crashed laughing at him.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

He was commuting with nature. lol

Yup most animals seem to spot movement. therefore the best camoflage is to stay still. camo seems to work best at avoiding being spotted by humans. I think that most animals are colour blind. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Breaking up your shape to not look human helps. But I wouldn't wear a gillie suit unless I was going paintballing or similiar. Don't think it is needed.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Provided you wear muted colours, I am pretty sure it doesnt matter what you wear. It is your movement they see or worse ,your scent they smell which alerts them.

David
    Last edited by David Brown; 04-03-2012 at 19:12. Reason: bad spelling