Thread: Anyone recommend a cree/led light ?

Anyone recommend a cree/led light ?

Just bought one of these http://clulite.cluson.co.uk/led-gun-...gun-light.html (33.10 +vat molevalleyfarmers) to go on my airgun for ratting. Top piece of kit, far better than I expected. Ideal for ratting and good enough for rabbits/foxes out 100 yds + and the mount is really good, quick on/off. The more powerful versions however are a little pricey. Can anyone recommend a cheapy ebay job with a tight beam good out to 200yds+ for foxing on my c/f ?

thanks Steve

I have an Ultra Fire C8 on my .22 hornet, even with a filter fitted it is good for an easy 200 yards, and has taken both fox and rabbit at that range.
    The cost of the complete kit with mount, 2 batteries (1 spare) charger and pressure switch was less than 75 as I remember.

Neil.

SD Regular
    I bought a all singing bells and whistles lamp at the shooting show last week 250.00

Its packed up on me tonight !!!

Customer services have my email im very peed off .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Hi Steve,
    I just got an UltraFire C8 (torch only) 1300 lumens through John Robson of YDS from EBay. Only cost me 25 including p&p. Throws a tight beam out 300 yards+.
    Willie

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    I have a P7, ok out to about 100 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Hi Steve,
    I just got an UltraFire C8 (torch only) 1300 lumens through John Robson of YDS from EBay. Only cost me 25 including p&p. Throws a tight beam out 300 yards+.
    Willie
    Thanks Willie was yours like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-...item3f14c08bbb or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-...item1c249bdca1 or
    UltraFire C8 1300Lm CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Torch + 2x18650 + Charger | eBay or
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-...item4aae8e32fa
    and does it have a tight beam ?
    thanks Steve

Hi all, my first post. Must confess to being a bit of a flashaholic when it comes to torches. I've got a few LED lights and their performance is fantastic given their size. A good place to look is LED Torches, Head Torches Batteries and Flashlights | Flashaholics for really nicely made lights (more expensive than ultrafire but much better quality)
    Don't bother with surefire, way overpriced.
    WARNING..... Anybody not familiar with the latest LED lights needs to know about the batteries used to power them. They are usually LITHIUM ION rechargeables and the cheap lights are normally supplied with UNPROTECTED batteries. These can be very dangerous/volatile if overcharged or over discharged and they burst into flames. I only use protected ones which have a PCB in-built to keep the voltage stable. With these types of batteries care needs to be taken but the performance compared to standard AA AAA types is remarkable.
    Just letting people know.

Hi Shbangsteve,
    That looks like the same torch and yes it throws a tight non-adjustable beam. Drop John a PM and he will give you the eBay address of the UK supplier (lots of copies out there).
    Willie