Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 - $650!!

Angry Tikka T3 - $650!!

Are we being ripped off or what -

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat105523380

.... for $649.99.

Note they are also selling Wehterby Vanguards (Howa 1500) for $430 - and a Bushmaster .50 BMG for those tough Munties.

Now don't tell me the difference is made up by shipping and import costs - is this less going from here to the States? Yes there will be sales tax no doubt on top of this - 5%?

Cabelas actually is more expensive than most. My T-3 cost $550 delivered. Cabelas only charges state tax. In several states, like mine, that is zero percent.~Muir

YES

the facts of life are as such that any goods imported into the uk are subject to an approx tax and duty of 50/60%

what can we do about it .... . NOTHING.

not quite true,

shop all tax dodgers
    shop all benefit fraudsters
    stop paying all forms of housing to those whom dont need it
    stop paying all benefits end of except extreme cases
    employ those that need them in government posts and pay them to work
    stop all foreign aid, invest it in buying uk goods building uk lorries and paying uk staff to load such lorries and ship them to those foreign countries thus ensuring they get the pumps for water the grain for food the tents for living the blankets for sleeping in and not the guns to fight wars with.
    stop selling nation assets to the french italian Germans and Americans whom then charge us twice as much back for what we once owned.

buy local goods buy from local guys
    charge good rates to local buyers to locals to keep cash flowing locally
    offer local incentives

rant over thread slightly of track sorry mate but its all connected

frank.

ps A client (snp) once called me a communist ha ha i am not ...erm am i.
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 06-03-2012 at 08:05. Reason: added highlight area as some are required

Don,t forget the charge for proofing, strange thing proofing why are guns safe in the rest of the world but not hear.

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    YES

the facts of life are as such that any goods imported into the uk are subject to an approx tax and duty of 50/60%

what can we do about it .... . NOTHING.

not quite true,

shop all tax dodgers
    shop all benefit fraudsters
    stop paying all forms of housing to those whom dont need it
    stop paying all benefits end of except extreme cases
    employ those that need them in government posts and pay them to work
    stop all foreign aid, invest it in buying uk goods building uk lorries and paying uk staff to load such lorries and ship them to those foreign countries thus ensuring they get the pumps for water the grain for food the tents for living the blankets for sleeping in and not the guns to fight wars with.
    stop selling nation assets to the french italian Germans and Americans whom then charge us twice as much back for what we once owned.

buy local goods buy from local guys
    charge good rates to local buyers to locals to keep cash flowing locally
    offer local incentives

rant over thread slightly of track sorry mate but its all connected

frank.

ps A client (snp) once called me a communist ha ha i am not ...erm am i.

I'll agree with that 100% frank especially the first 4 , had two of the ,can work just don't want to work ask me for some casual work yesterday ,hell would freeze over first, dregs of our modern day society.

50-60% is one thing - but in each of the cases I cited first the mark up is over 100%.

The difference cannot be made up from shipping, import duty, VAT and 30% mark up.

I did in the past (when it was easier - possible?) import some stuff from Cabelas - and it still cost less in dollars than the same cost here in pounds.

Rip off Britain

When I pointed out some time ago that our beloved importers were ripping us off in grand style certain forums members came out in staunch defence of said importers.

As for 100% profits it would seem that certain sectors of the industry cannot take in under 1000%.

I am surprised no one here has opened a shop, there's millions to be made out of shooting ask the shop owners who have closed down. Cabellas buy more guns in a year than are sold in the uk in ten I should think, that's why they can sell so cheap,cricket balls are cheaper in india than the USA due to this fact.

yes!!!!! on everything.guns,reloading equipment,fishing tackle,cars you name it we are being ripped off big time.Richard.