Broken EKA Swingblade Knife

lwcdart

Gents

My EKA swingblede (which has had next to no use), has just had the main knife blade snap in half whilst cutting around the flat joint on the back leg of a fallow.

Now I can live with the fact thet the "quality Sheath" which they supplied with the knife had the belt look fall to bits within a week of use, but I just cant live with half a bloody blade!:mad:

To top it all the knife is 8 months old & the shop that sold it (Town & Country Botley) has now closed.

It has probably only been used for a field dressing less than 10 times, as its been a backup in the roe sack since the belt loop went within the first week of use!

As the knife seems to have a 10 year warranty, does anyone know who is the UK importer so that I can vent my fury at them?

Regs Lee

Mate I would send an email to their head office: info@eka-knivar.se

I did this when the belt loop on the sheath broke and they sent me out a new one.

Last edited:
Lee,what are you doing playing around with gimmicky knives mate,get a proper knife to do the job,by the way did you get the e-mail?

Martin

Martin

Trouble is that I shoot so many deer that I need a cutlery set mate:rofl:!

As I said, it was only a backup knife anyway & a crap one at that.

Regs Lee

Guys

Many thanks & yes its the EKA swingblade, the nice green branded box has lasted longer than the knife it seems!

Regs Lee

Gents

Have now emailed the pics & copy of rcpt over to EKA under the terms of their waranty, will let you know the outcome.

Regs Lee

Interesting ,i 've used the EKA-swingblade for two seasons and really liked it but halfway through this season the edge started chipping away so it's more like a saw.
I,ve kept it away from the knife steriliser since the thermostat blew and boiled our larder knives dry but i'm suspicious the wife might have been helpful and stuck it in the dishwasher.
Anyone else have anything similar?

Back