Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many new CF's can I ask for?

How many new CF's can I ask for?

~Gents,

I'm putting in a variation (think it's 28) and want to get my money's worth..how many CF's should I apply for?

I am thinking of asking for a .223 (short barrel, NV, from the car window), .22-250 or 220swift long barrel for foxing on the quad or on foot, 6.5-284 (because I want one!) and 300 win mag for taking to Africa or for Boar...I feel like I'm missing both a 7mm and a 375 or 458 in there>..suss...

do you think they'd have a fit or actually consider my application based on the fact that I could find good use of them all in various scenario's.

currently have 6.5x55, .243, 30-06, and .22LR on my FAC.

just curious as I don't want to be seen taking the p1ss, but I also might as well get the calibres on teh FAC that I want in one go, rather than have to add one every year or so...

lastly, if I want permission to acquire a short or long action in its own right, and a barrel to boot, do I need random permission slots for that? and how do you put that in the variation form?

The amount of Firearms you can have is limited only by how inventive an imagination you have in providing good reason for them all. May i suggest that `i fancy one` will not pass muster?
    I think you could easily justify a .22 c\f of some description but you look well catered for in other calibres.
    A lot also depends on your FLD.Some Forces have more of a sense of Humour than others, as we all know.
    As for wanting an Action and Barrel i would just ask them how they wished you to word it on your application.
    Good luck and remember the worst that can happen is they say no.

Yorkie.

remember the word NEED NEED NEED !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    Why?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

You don't have to 'need' them just have good reason.

I put in for 3 CF on a variation and had no bother. Wack them all down and negotiate.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You don't have to 'need' them just have good reason.

I put in for 3 CF on a variation and had no bother. Wack them all down and negotiate.
    I usually enjoy and value reading your advice, of a veterinary nature.

But... Not this.

If an applicant has "good reason" and is not debarred in any other way there is nothing to negotiate. It's not a lucky dip or a lottery it's due process and if you do your bit correctly all the power is yours... even if you are unlucky enough to deal with a licensing office that seems to be operating to "an agenda". When will folk learn this?

I put in for a .300 win mag, a 30-06, a 2nd .308 and .17 (for the hornet) No questions asked.

Boxes all ticked and variation back no problems.

dont think of it as asking, think of it as telling them what your getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    If an applicant has "good reason" and is not debarred in any other way there is nothing to negotiate. It's not a lucky dip or a lottery it's due process and if you do your bit correctly all the power is yours... even if you are unlucky enough to deal with a licensing office that seems to be operating to "an agenda". When will folk learn this?
    I was asked why I wanted the different guns, and told them my reasons and got what I wanted. North Yorks a pleasure to deal with

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I agree with Si. Why?

The HO guidance specifically states that "good reason to hold" should NOT be equated with "need" (though nor should it be equated with desire). You do NOT have to demonstrate need, only a good reason!