Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Licence renewal

SD Regular

Licence renewal

My Licence is due to expire next tues 13/3 , at what point if at all do i start flapping ???

It was sent in approx 5weeks ago and had the visit from the feo came three weeks later and ive heard nothing since
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

i would ring them to find out if its going to be sent on time ,atb wayne

mine was due 8/3 got it yesterday ,rang them before he said all ok gone through and was waiting signing by the chief and i was covered ,i had my old ticket as he sent it back to me after my visit ,give em a ring may be in a pile on a desk !

Hi the ball is really in there court. IF your existing FAC runs out before the new one is issued its not a problem as the paperwork is with your issuing force. But if you were out with your guns and got stopped by the police for whatever reason they can seize your guns as you can't produce any certificate which will cause an inconvenience. A phone call to the plod is your best bet

Nothing wrong with giving them a ring and making them aware of your concern.

yea get on to them if your ticket aint coming ask for a temporary ticket to cover your arse.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Quote Originally Posted by k&a View Post
    IF your existing FAC runs out before the new one is issued its not a problem
    That's what they tell you, but without a valid certificate you have no legal authority to hold your guns. If they can't get cert on time then formally request a temp permit.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

you can ask for a temp but remember that only allows you to keep and use you rifles but does not allow you to buy ammunition give them a ring tell them you are due to go on a stalking trip and you will need your cert for added security if you get stopped by plod outside of your area

Paul D
    Last edited by paul dillon; 06-03-2012 at 20:18. Reason: spelling

SD Regular
    Thanks for all the advice guys .
    I rang Lancs this morning to ask where my ticket was , they told me everything had been passed on and when his/ her royal highness gets back off leave on Monday it would get signed and posted out to me .

Does that mean if i dont have it by tues when my licence expires i could be in sh''t street ??
    I dont intend going shooting untill it arrives so me thinks i should be ok
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

last time mine had been with the police for best part of 12 weeks so i made made a phone call to them and i ask whens it coming back? bla-bla staff shortages but i want to buy ammo i said the nice lady on the outher end said cant you get any friends to buy you some? but i cant put it on my ticket i said. dont tell use and we wont know about it was the reply.nice one but what about my ticket i ask just use your rifles as normal was the reply.