Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi everyone,

Just joined this site - I'm from South Yorkshire and I'm trying to get into stalking. I am a pilot and haven't had much time lately to get out stalking, but I'm going to have some more time this year and would love to get into it.

I am looking to do my DSC Level 1 this year. During the week I work in the south of England so ideally I would like to do my training there. Can anyone recommend any good training companies? Also a distance learning scheme or similar would be really useful so I can continue revising back at home.

Thanks,

Jack P.
    Last edited by pilotjack; 06-03-2012 at 20:49.

Welcome to the site, how far south are you requiring the training. Do you fly out of Gatwick?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Welcome to the site, how far south are you requiring the training. Do you fly out of Gatwick?
    cant go wrong with Malc.

hi and welcome.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi.

Where in the South are you based? EGLL? EGGW? EGKK? Somewhere else?

I did my DSC through BASC, have a look on their site and see what courses they are running. They seem well organised.

There are a few people on here who offer the training. I've heard good things about most of them.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Matt I am based out of LL (once in a blue moon you will catch me at KK) although as I say I am back up in Yorkshire during my days off. I take it you are in the industry?

I don't mind staying down south for a couple of extra days to do the course, although that depends on how long does it normally takes. Is it a case of a 1 day outing or will it take several weeks? I understand there is also a theory exam so if this doesn't have to be done with an instructor then I would rather do my revision at home. Is there some sort of software or book I can get myself into?

Thanks for the suggestion Matt I have just looked into BASC and they are a little further than I would like to travel. I have done some research into different companies offering the course through Google and they all seem to be around the 300 mark. I found two which aren't too far from London - the British Deer Society and Jelen Deer. What are they like and have you got any better suggestions?

Many thanks,

Jack.

Welcome to the site, ask your questions in the training forum and you may get a lot more replies

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi, Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find some excellent information on here, and meet some great people.

We run DSCL1 courses in Hampshire and in our new branches opening later this year in Essex (Eastern Region), and in Yorkshire (Northern Region), so we are in a good position to be able to provide your DSCL1 training either in the South or North.

You might like to check out our Online ILC (Interactive Learning Centre) system which is available 24/7 for only 10.00/month.

We can also offer deer stalking at competitive rates, so please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Mike
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Home | Jelen Deer Services

I can highly recommend jelen deer with there ILC a top bunch of chaps with a great pass rate. Welcome to the site and good luck with the DSC who ever you go with

Thank you all for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneudart View Post
    We run DSCL1 courses in Hampshire and in our new branches opening later this year in Essex (Eastern Region), and in Yorkshire (Northern Region), so we are in a good position to be able to provide your DSCL1 training either in the South or North.

You might like to check out our Online ILC (Interactive Learning Centre) system which is available 24/7 for only 10.00/month.
    Thanks for the message Mike. I just had a quick look on your site - would be interested in coming on one of your DSC courses. How does the ILC work and what is your pass rate?

Also whereabouts in Yorkshire will your new branch be?

Thanks very much,

Jack.