Factory loaded 270 ammo

rem284

Ive been using norma 140 ballistic tip ammo. Ive found that it performed well. However I've been told that Norma are no longer going to produce this. So what other ammo with a high bc are being used and what do you guys think of them

in factory i always like remington corelokt in 130 and 150 grain both shot to same poi and worked extremly well ,atb wayne

I'm expecting a .270 very soon.
In the cabinet, ready to try, I have:
RWS 130gr H-Mantel
RWS 130gr TMS
Norma 130gr Pointed soft-point
Norma 110gr V-max (or something with a plastic point, anyway)

Hornady load two 140gr offerings, which can be found on their website. Not been able to find a stockist of either in my vicinity, but would be interested to hear if anyone knows of one in the country anywhere.

Last edited:
Norma 110 grain BT or I stick with the Norma 130 grain SP which is a great accurate round in my old Browning

I've an old "bitza" 270 which rides on the front of the bike or the tray of the truck,tractor, etc.It gets no love,but its well used.
A mate who's a dealer offered me 7 boxes of Federal Hi shock (blue box)130 gr, for $100 Aus.
I'm about half way through them now & they would have killed a few dozen pigs & a dozen chital & fallow without a hitch & great on dogs.
Normaly I reload & use 150 gr in a 270,but I'll buy more of these for this particular rifle as it likes them too.
I've also found this brand very good in several of my rifles.

Cheers Sharkey

Back