Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the scare is getting smaller, and on my first shoot this weekend.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

the scare is getting smaller, and on my first shoot this weekend.

here you go lads, the neck is getting there,still a fare bit of swelling etc but it feels better already , the double chin bit is where the nerves on the left side of the face shoulder and arm had been trapped, and im happy to say thats all lifted back into place.

i hope to get out shooting sooner rather than later, nothing to big, just the 17 and the 20 tac will do for now.

been just under 3 weeks and its still rather tender, they say you will not see the scare in about 3/4 weeks, the voice is still very croaky and the windpipe crushing makes it hard to breath when talking, and still very hard to swallow,

i did not want to show my whole ugly mush as it would make a few of you sick,

but we'll get there.

bob.

Attachment 13388
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Well it looks a hole lot better than mine did Bob, you even sound a bit better on the phone this week.
    Keep it up mate, soon it will be a distant memory.

Neil.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and a good weekend. Atvb, Jim.

Bloody hell Bob is that it ? i thought all the fuss was because you had had a serious op not cutting yourself whilst shaving ! LOL glad to hear you are on the mend though . DF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-22 14 41 35.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	13389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-07 07 16 08.jpg 
Size:	463.6 KB 
ID:	13390
    Hi Bob
    It looks like we have had the same done, i had the op on the 22nd December and took the photo this morning of the scar. I was told to get some bio oil on it twice a day it stops the itching real quick. i purchased my new rifle whilst recovering over the Xmas period and zeroed it after about 3 weeks, but i was sweating a bit with the pain. i had my first driven day the last sat in Jan but struggled a bit on the high birds, i am currently pretty good but still sometimes it catches me out a little. Anyway hope you heal ok and get out shooting soon.
    ATB Mark

Hi Bob,
    Here's a picture of some surgery I had done with the result.
    Six hour operation, nine days in hospital and plays havoc at air line check in.
    The guy in the next bed to me didn't survive the anasthetic and he was a lot younger than me.
    Similar to my lower back but done in a military hospital so no pictures.
    Now you know why I 'Creep' instead of Stalk
    Last edited by EMcC; 07-03-2012 at 09:49.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowie View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-22 14 41 35.jpg 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	13389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-07 07 16 08.jpg 
Size:	463.6 KB 
ID:	13390
    Hi Bob
    It looks like we have had the same done, i had the op on the 22nd December and took the photo this morning of the scar. I was told to get some bio oil on it twice a day it stops the itching real quick. i purchased my new rifle whilst recovering over the Xmas period and zeroed it after about 3 weeks, but i was sweating a bit with the pain. i had my first driven day the last sat in Jan but struggled a bit on the high birds, i am currently pretty good but still sometimes it catches me out a little. Anyway hope you heal ok and get out shooting soon.
    ATB Mark
    hi Mark

spot on mate, using the bio oil 2 times a day now, "it the scare you have hard or soft" anyway when i was first told they they were going to take 3/4 discs away i was not to happy but when they removed 5/6 the pressure on 4/7 was released so to save doing to much they left it at that and im glad really, time to recover etc.

how you getting on, im still not allowed to drive yet but i hope to see if i can get out this weekend.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Hi Bob,
    Here's a picture of some surgery I had done with the result.
    Six hour operation, nine days in hospital and plays havoc at air line check in.
    The guy in the next bed to me didn't survive the anasthetic and he was a lot younger than me.
    Similar to my lower back but done in a military hospital so no pictures.
    shoot ed.

thats got to hurt a shoot load more than this,,

i had a discectomy done 7 years ago after a rear end shunt in shirley high street Southampton after chasing a on the run sex offender when i was at work and i can't remember evening seeing a camera or an x ray,

now i know why you have that rather nice big discovery now,.

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    shoot ed. now i know why you have that rather nice big discovery now,. bob.
    HA Ha - No I live on bread and cheese and beans on toast and only go out when the pension has accrued a bit I drop the beans on toast if I expect company for obvious reasons
    This one has a bigger engine and supposedly does more MPG - I nearly got 32mpg out of it the other day !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    HA Ha - No I live on bread and cheese and beans on toast and only go out when the pension has accrued a bit I drop the beans on toast if I expect company for obvious reasons
    This one has a bigger engine and supposedly does more MPG - I nearly got 32mpg out of it the other day !!!
    thats good for a big motor ed, thats as good as i get with my old 2 lt diesel vitara on a down hill run.

right ill get back to my physio and do as the doc says. so that i can get out this weekend.

bob.