What's the best bore cleaning fluid?

bubble

I will shortly need to buy some more bore cleaning fluid, what is currently regarded as the best? Many thanks. Bubble

I use the KG range of products and find them to be very good. If i remember rightly, KG1 is for carbon and KG2 for copper? Whatever numbers are which, KG seems to work well.

Have you been doing much recently? Ive done a bit of long range plinking and a little bit of stalking but probably wont be out til April now.

Wipeout!........................... put this one word into the search box up top & see what shakes out, you'll be surprised how good it is!

What do you need that for Bubble. You usually forget to put a bullet up the spout :D CLICK :rofl:

i use the kg range of products and find them to be very good. If i remember rightly, kg1 is for carbon and kg2 for copper? Whatever numbers are which, kg seems to work well.

Have you been doing much recently? Ive done a bit of long range plinking and a little bit of stalking but probably wont be out til april now.
i think you will find that it's kg12 for copper.richard.

Wipe out and the accelerator work very well, put in bore, wait 20min patch out, repeat and job done, if a lot of copper you may need to go again. I have used in the past:
KG, 1 ,2 etc
Sweets
Butches
Forest

Wipe out is the best by far

i use kg stuff or butchers boreshine. i hear wipe out is superb also ? but never tried that stuff

Patch Out (Wipe Out liquid)
Eezox oil
Lighter fluid / Isopropanol

Rarely needed, but carburettor cleaner or KG1 for really stubborn carbon

A couple of patches with Butches Bore Shine.

Patch till dry and clean then a couple of patches with a good quality gun oil.

Aways worked for me.

Mike

used the kg products and verry happy the way they work ,wipe out is realy good also ,still use shooters choice and kroil for most of my cleaning
these in my veiw are the best i have used and i use a borescope to make sure that sucker is clean

KG1 to get out all the carbon & crud out, then followed by Wipeout for the copper element.

If if been out shooting targets & shot alot of rounds then i will use Forrest Bore Foam instead of Wipeout & leave it in the bore overnight.

Back