Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Seats

High Seats

How high is to high and would you say some are to low. I had a chap look at this and say that's not for me lol

How low is to low.

Last edited by 6pointer; 07-03-2012 at 10:57.

Taller the better as far as I'm concerned - see further, better shot angle, more background cover from the crown of the trees.

Mind you, the little one has a nice paint job - much nicer than the usual shade of Rust.
    Last edited by Knottaclu; 07-03-2012 at 11:08.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    How high is to high and would you say some are to low. I had a chap look at this and say that's not for me lol

How low is to low.

Davie you want to get Vim up to sort out the wood

have a very high one left by a previous stalker a double with about 3 extensions it is brilliant with foot rests and padded seat ,one of my lads wouldnt go up he's 11 said it was too high ! i hate heights too but ok once i'm settled

i think it boils down to a few factors really i build them to peoples needs at the moment i have a lad wanting a 4mtr seat but my usuall design is 3mtrs but i make 2mtr ones for forestry blocks where everything has been removed to that height that way you are low enough to see under the canopy but still have an elevated shooting position so you always have a good backstop ,atb wayne

Those look positively luxurious to me ! Jayb provides an old fertiliser bag to sit on and sends me 7 metres up the nearest sitka!

One at the top is not too high, I have sat of 6-8m high seats and higher towers. I just hate shooting down, when the deer comes under the seat...

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Cadwallader View Post
    Those look positively luxurious to me ! Jayb provides an old fertiliser bag to sit on and sends me 7 metres up the nearest sitka!
    I much prefer to sit ON those sitka once you have put a saw through them and got them on the ground!

Davie, is there a parachute with that tall one?

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Sadly know there is not but the ladder is solid steel and i did not want to waist it so it will stay that tall the view is special over the wood land the deer look like small ants giving you a very testing shot. Please remember your lev 1 question what will happen to your POI when shooting up or down a steep hill.

Is the bottom one home made or is it bought one? If its home made do you have plans for the seat.

Andrew