Thread: Very Big New Forest Fallow Herd

Very Big New Forest Fallow Herd

Guys

Saw this herd on Monday right on my boundary, sorry for the quality of the pic, as it only shows about half of what was there.

We estimated the number to be over 200 deer at 2pm in the afternoon.

Regs Lee

Not getting into a pi$$ing contest but that size herd is perfectly normal here on Ashdown forest with little to no control. Driving through the forest at 5am is seriously hazardous to health, especially as with so little control they aren't that shy at the roadside! Several herds can be passed within a mile.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

keep your eyes of hampworth no the feeling we get the same problem, were many bucks

i saw something similar on my way to a permission near haldon, i soon as i got to my permission i asked the farmer who owned it and was it stalked on, he said i know exactly who owns it, and no it isnt shot over, my heart started to race, then he said there was a covenant in place when it was sold by a rich city guy, no shooting on it, ever! strange how the deer know of that legal agreement.
    cheers
    richard

This is what a big herd of sika look like

[QUOTE=Taff;339684]keep your eyes off hampworth know the feeling we get the same problem, were many Bucks /QUOTE]

Wasn't it the Hamptworth Estate that had that strange poaching problem last year where Deer were shot and left ?
    Did they ever get to the bottom of it ?

I know they took a new keeper on and have not shot there since Paul left. The stalking on foot there is very difficult,very dense rhode. As to the poaching problem they had no comment. I know the best season 350+ were taken mainly fallow.