Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: case size needed on FAC?

case size needed on FAC?

Hi,

Can we nowadays apply for variations such as just 6.5 Cal or do we have to specify case lenth as well? (such as x55, -284, HCM, X68, etc.)?

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Hi,

Can we nowadays apply for variations such as just 6.5 Cal or do we have to specify case lenth as well? (such as x55, -284, HCM, X68, etc.)?

cheers,
    My recent application I had to put 6.5x55 I did ask that exact question and was told I had to I was not sure if I wanted the swede or the 284

what if you want a 6.5 HCM? surely you just put 6.5?

what if you want a 6.5 HCM? surely you just put 6.5?
    I can't say on that exact question mate,I only no what my feo said to me a few weeks ago regarding the two calibres i wan interested in sorry buddy

all forces are different and in some cases even feo's in the same force are . here in west mercia when i have asked ask them they said no problem. they put it down as 17 cf, 22cf, 6mm cf etc etc. yet a couple of local lads have asked and there feo. and he told them no you have to state which calibre ?

i think its better like that. you don't have to send your ticket back in then to be changed if some other rifle takes your fancy as long as its in '' said calibre''
    and it also saves them work in the office which as you all know in some areas who are back longed can only help

I'm thinking specifically L&B

A few years ago i had 6mm, 6.5mm and 7mm authorities as well as .257".
    I bought a 243 on the 6mm authority and when i sold that the authority was still listed as a 6mm.
    I wanted a 6mm Remington but ended up buying a 6mmBR.
    With the 257 authority i could have had several different cartridges with "257" in their name but settled on a 257 Improved, however i could not have bought a 25-06 or a 250 Savage with the 257 authority even though that what calibre they are.
    Its a bit contradictory, but thats my FLO for you.

Ian.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 08-03-2012 at 15:47.

I'm thinking specifically L&B
    PKL. My 6XC variation arrived this week from L&B and is specifically for 6XC. Regards JCS

JCS

did you apply for XC or just the Calibre?

I couldn't get a variation to aquire a 20 Tac, when I said OK!, .17 centrefire then, I was TOLD I could have a .17 Remington, ...........So I bought a .17 Fireball!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!