Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Marine needs your help!

Royal Marine needs your help!

Hello everyone,
    I joined this forum as a way of getting back into stalking, and I thought this may be a good place to get advice.

I started stalking after being injured and finding myself unable to take part in any of my usual sports. As I'm in the Marines and very active I started looking at other ways to keep myself active, needless to say I fell in love with stalking straight away. I went on three paid stalks and then took my DSC 1. I joined a syndacate in Ayreshire but soon afterwards I had to have a serious leg operation which put me out for a whole year.

I'm now in Dundee so I'm looking for somewhere that I can stalk but ideally with someone that could take me out a few times until I'm a little bit more experienced and my skills are up to scratch. If anybody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Adam

Hello Adam - - you are more than welcome up here. I'm a good bit under 3 hours from Dundee. Have a look at my ad under "Deer Stalking Opportunities" - - Roe Stalking near Inverness.

ATB

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll be in touch over the weekend to sort something out. I'm still a few weeks off walking normally (I'm permanently walking at stalking pace just now) so I'm probably best off on a high seat for a while.

Thanks again and I'll be in touch,
    Adam

+1 for JRoe, I did a write up about my weekend up there on Saturday there if you want to have a look.

stalking with JRoe there's the link won't go far wrong up there.

David

Although a few miles from you if you send me a PM I will make arrangements to take you out, free of charge. It would be a privelage.

Restoration of faith in good people restored ^ (until some tit comes along and reels me in again lol)
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

If you get down to this neck of the woods i can take you out on the muntjac all from high seats and no charge.
    Atb
    Woody ex forces

Thanks for all the replies, rather embarresingly I should point out that I wasn't injured whilst on duty, I'm the special kind of idiot that survives afghanistan and then breaks himself climbing. I'm sorry if my first post made me sound like a war hero, I don't want to take advantage of peoples kindness.

Thanks for the offers,

Hello Royal,

Good to have you on board. You've come to the right place for help and advice.

ATB,

Sion

Quote Originally Posted by Admc26 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, rather embarresingly I should point out that I wasn't injured whilst on duty, I'm the special kind of idiot that survives afghanistan and then breaks himself climbing. I'm sorry if my first post made me sound like a war hero, I don't want to take advantage of peoples kindness.

Thanks for the offers,
    Dosent matter how you busted your leg son the fact that you served in Afghanstan makes you a hero in my eyes and i think that the same sentiment would come from all SD members. Good luck for the future and hope you bag a Deer when you are fit to go out.

Kind regards Jim