Royal Marine needs your help!

Admc26

Hello everyone,
I joined this forum as a way of getting back into stalking, and I thought this may be a good place to get advice.

I started stalking after being injured and finding myself unable to take part in any of my usual sports. As I'm in the Marines and very active I started looking at other ways to keep myself active, needless to say I fell in love with stalking straight away. I went on three paid stalks and then took my DSC 1. I joined a syndacate in Ayreshire but soon afterwards I had to have a serious leg operation which put me out for a whole year.

I'm now in Dundee so I'm looking for somewhere that I can stalk but ideally with someone that could take me out a few times until I'm a little bit more experienced and my skills are up to scratch. If anybody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Adam

Hello Adam - - you are more than welcome up here. I'm a good bit under 3 hours from Dundee. Have a look at my ad under "Deer Stalking Opportunities" - - Roe Stalking near Inverness.

ATB

JR

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll be in touch over the weekend to sort something out. I'm still a few weeks off walking normally (I'm permanently walking at stalking pace just now) so I'm probably best off on a high seat for a while.

Thanks again and I'll be in touch,
Adam

Although a few miles from you if you send me a PM I will make arrangements to take you out, free of charge. It would be a privelage.

If you get down to this neck of the woods i can take you out on the muntjac all from high seats and no charge.
Atb
Woody ex forces

Thanks for all the replies, rather embarresingly I should point out that I wasn't injured whilst on duty, I'm the special kind of idiot that survives afghanistan and then breaks himself climbing. I'm sorry if my first post made me sound like a war hero, I don't want to take advantage of peoples kindness.

Thanks for the offers,

Hello Royal,

Good to have you on board. You've come to the right place for help and advice.

ATB,

Sion

Thanks for all the replies, rather embarresingly I should point out that I wasn't injured whilst on duty, I'm the special kind of idiot that survives afghanistan and then breaks himself climbing. I'm sorry if my first post made me sound like a war hero, I don't want to take advantage of peoples kindness.

Thanks for the offers,

Dosent matter how you busted your leg son the fact that you served in Afghanstan makes you a hero in my eyes and i think that the same sentiment would come from all SD members. Good luck for the future and hope you bag a Deer when you are fit to go out.

Kind regards Jim

Hello pal your more than welcome to a day out with me on the s.w. side of scotland, hope you get fit again soon and well done for the tour pal.

Mark.

Thanks for the offers,

Yep no problem, offer still stands

hey adam,it is a wee bit away,but if you like i would take you out for a days hind stalking in mid december this year weather depending,sorry dont like shooting the poor buggers if there is a lot of snow,they prefer to stay on the bottom of the glen then,p.m me i will give you a contact number from there cheers. d.m
Hello everyone,
I joined this forum as a way of getting back into stalking, and I thought this may be a good place to get advice.

I started stalking after being injured and finding myself unable to take part in any of my usual sports. As I'm in the Marines and very active I started looking at other ways to keep myself active, needless to say I fell in love with stalking straight away. I went on three paid stalks and then took my DSC 1. I joined a syndacate in Ayreshire but soon afterwards I had to have a serious leg operation which put me out for a whole year.

I'm now in Dundee so I'm looking for somewhere that I can stalk but ideally with someone that could take me out a few times until I'm a little bit more experienced and my skills are up to scratch. If anybody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam

nice to see another ex serviceman in line,

great people on here mate and they will see you right.

bob.

Thanks for all the replies,
I'll work through them all and reply individually over the weekend when I get back home. Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

Adam.
We (my pals and I) can sort you out some stalking Aberdeen / Dyce area, on the bucks in April. Drop me a PM.
Should be quite intresting, me with me Hernia op and you with a gammy leg, got to be worth a go..........
Alan

Dosent matter how you busted your leg son the fact that you served in Afghanstan makes you a hero in my eyes and i think that the same sentiment would come from all SD members. Good luck for the future and hope you bag a Deer when you are fit to go out.

Kind regards Jim

+1 and for being so open. I respect you all the more for that.

Hope you get back to normal walking (although perhaps not climbing!) speed very soon. BTW, I think we can allow climbing into a high seat......

Back