Thread: Smokeless powder exemption

Smokeless powder exemption

Hi all

Not sure if people no or are even bothered but I thought I would just share this.

there has been a change in law on the amount of smokeless powder and or black powder.

the new law is you are aloud to have up to 15 kilos of smokeless powder or a mixture of smokeless and black.

this just means home loaders can hold more powder without having to register there premises.

this exemption has not affected any of the rules and reg surrounding the acquisition and transportation of reloading powder.

regards
    Craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

Hi Craig,
    This has been mentioned on here before as it was published in most, if not all, of the shooting magazines last year.
    I'm not sure it makes a big difference to most of us reloaders as the quantity now allowed would cost a fortune to acquire, let alone store.

Hi eddy

I don't see how that can be as this has just been published in April edition of the sporting rifle.

The old law was you could hold 15 kilos of black powder or 10kilos of black and 5kilos of smokeless.

the new law is you can have any combo of the 2

regards
    craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

Craig,
    It was discussed on this site on 3/2/12 by 'Fatbloke' and other web sites before Christmas but it doesn't hurt to have a reminder now and again.
    The BDS web site published it as soon as it was authorised last year as a result of the Firearms consultation.

Hi eddy

ok np sporting rifle mag must be way behind the times. thought I would let people no but hey never mind.
    ― Criss Jami

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Hi eddy ok np sporting rifle mag must be way behind the times. thought I would let people no but hey never mind.
    Craig, Being new to the site, you wouldn't know, but it doesn't hurt reminding folk and good on you for taking note of it.
    Like I said back in February, if you can afford to buy that much 'smokeless' just to keep around, at present day prices you must be pretty well healed

I think that the link was also included at the time of the original anouncement. It may just have been the link to the BASC website and not the HSE website.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.