Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T8 re-finishing

T8 re-finishing

Does anyone know of a company that can re-finish T8 sound moderators?

I really like the T8 moderator itself for sound reduction, but the finish on the outside is a bit crap to be honest.

If you get it wet (which is a common occurrence in the cold wet extremities of Scotland) & leave it any more than an hour then spots/blotches start to appear on the finish. It doesn’t affect the performance or quality of the moderator... just merely takes away from the aesthetics of it.

Can they be re-finished at all?

Cheers

Dale

I have the same problem mate.........I will never have another T8

Its a real shame, probably the best moderator on the market for noise suppression yet such a crap finish.

If only they put a bit more effort into the R&D side of it they could have the ultimate moderator.

I imagine you could get it dura or cera coated but that would cost.Spraying it with black heat proof paint ( like BBQ or exhaust paints) maybe an option....

Dale
    They are not designed for long life ! They are designed as a disposable part and priced for that in country of origin ! Its only when they get here after mark up they cost so much.
    Try motorcycle exhaust paint .

I am about to have mine re-coated with teflon coating by RG rifles, I will let you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Dale
    They are not designed for long life ! They are designed as a disposable part and priced for that in country of origin ! Its only when they get here after mark up they cost so much.
    Try motorcycle exhaust paint .
    i thort they had a garente that once you had one and it rots you can get another one a % cheeper unless its only a few shops that say that to get you comeing back?

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Assassin View Post
    Does anyone know of a company that can re-finish T8 sound moderators?

I really like the T8 moderator itself for sound reduction, but the finish on the outside is a bit crap to be honest.

If you get it wet (which is a common occurrence in the cold wet extremities of Scotland) & leave it any more than an hour then spots/blotches start to appear on the finish. It doesn’t affect the performance or quality of the moderator... just merely takes away from the aesthetics of it.

Can they be re-finished at all?

Cheers

Dale
    Just stick with what you have ,just squirt with wd40. I have a 8 year old t8 with 9000+ rounds through it and still going

A good option might be to have the t8 powder coated regards biker1
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Quote Originally Posted by grousekeeper View Post
    i thort they had a garente that once you had one and it rots you can get another one a % cheeper unless its only a few shops that say that to get you comeing back?
    hi i am the same t8 has over 5000 rounds down it a decent cover will save it in most conditions