Thread: Swarovski z6i gen 2

Swarovski z6i gen 2

Has anyone bought one of the new Swarovski z6i gen2 scopes? Are they significantly better than the gen 1 ? atb Tim

Optics wise no difference.The on/off is more precise and the auto illumination is a nice touch but not essential

In my opinion you'd be better off getting a gen I with the discounts that are on offer and getting one of the cap protectors that Swaro are/were giving away

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Has anyone bought one of the new Swarovski z6i gen2 scopes? Are they significantly better than the gen 1 ? atb Tim
    Got a gen 2 with the rail... illumination unit is definately more streamlined and as said, the auto illumination on/off depending on the position of the gun is a nice touch...

Optics are the same though..

Speak to Swillington, they will do you a cracking deal

Just got the Z6 2.5-15x56 BT for the Swede looks a nice bit ant wait to get out with it when i get my gun

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Just got the Z6 2.5-15x56 BT for the Swede looks a nice bit ant wait to get out with it when i get my gun
    What is the benefit of the BT, it is not something that I've ever had the opportunity of using? atb Tim
    Last edited by timbrayford; 10-03-2012 at 09:09.

Superb bit of kit. had a gen2 Z6i 5-30BT for a while now. By far the best scope I have ever owned or handled. Mind - i'm only interested in stalking, no target shooting. Had Nightforce, big Zeiss,S&B and Leupold: my poor old peepers couldn't see a lot of difference in 'high end' glass - but I definitely couldn't handle 'tactical' turrets.

What is the benefit of the BT, it is not something that I've ever had the opportunity of using? atb Tim
    It is a bullet drop compensator... effectively a 'huntingerized' elevation target turret. you set it up (obviously) to your ammo and can have a zero stop then 3 colour coded ranges for instant dial in... no counting clicks etc... so you may have your zero stop at 100yds, green at 200, yellow at 250 and red at 300 or whatever you so desire... no more gueswork or texas holdovers, if the beast is outside your PBR then just dial in the relevant colour for the distance you need and take the shot..

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    It is a bullet drop compensator... effectively a 'huntingerized' elevation target turret. you set it up (obviously) to your ammo and can have a zero stop then 3 colour coded ranges for instant dial in... no counting clicks etc... so you may have your zero stop at 100yds, green at 200, yellow at 250 and red at 300 or whatever you so desire... no more gueswork or texas holdovers, if the beast is outside your PBR then just dial in the relevant colour for the distance you need and take the shot..
    Thanks for the clear and simple explanation, very helpful. atb Tim

if you search " swarovski ballistic calculator " you can put in whatever bullet your using and what swarovski scope your using and it will tell you the bullet drop to each point on your particular scope. you can even download it onto your i phone if you want. you will get stickers with your scope also that will correspond to your chosen bullet which you can stick onto the scope as a reminder of the drops. this calculater is meant to be extremely accurate and can be used out to 1000 yards. it also calculates windage aswell, very nice bit of kit

Watch this video buddy explains it better than I can mate....