Sako quad

Overlay

Hi Guys

Sako quad in .22 rf lr I was going to place a variation in to replace my .22 with a new one and also for a .22 WMR.

I can get the rifle with the two changeable calibres, no problem, The scope is the concerning bit.

Has anyone got a quad with more than one barrel and how did you get around the scope zeroing bit ?

My thoughts were to buy a bushnell 6500 elite with mildot reticle and sight in on seperate dots for each calibre for say 50 yds as bull.

Do Sako sell a scope for the quad, a gun shop says they have a scope specific to the quad ?

I'm thinking the accuracy will be / may be a bit shaky on the mildot, any thoughts or guidance before I go and blow a wad on a wrong scope, The rifle needs to be pin accurate in both calibres.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Phil

There is a bushnell scope designed for use with the quad.....all 4 barrels I believe.
I have the .22 and .17HMR barrel. Using a 4-16x56 with 30mm tube with medium mounts I have just enough space to change the barrels without removing the scope. Moving from .17 to .22 I have simple noted the adjustment needed on the turrets to adjust for the change without any problem. I always put a couple down the tube just to check though which I'm sure you'd do even with the bushnell scope attached.

i belive there is a dedicated scope for this made by BURRIS you set the scope up individualy to each barrel, then you have set points which are color coded to match the color on the barrel.

seen it

read the book

done it

will not do it again.

the scopes a waste of time mate, almost as bad as the BSA sweet series but with better glass,

take it from me, find a nice bit of glass and get it set up on the quad with the cal you will use the most.

example.

sako quad 17 hmr with a zeiss 4.5/14x44 etc etc.

then get a cheap 22lr.

all the swapping around is a total waste of time and money.

bob.

Hi Bob
Done some research on the burris / sako scope, they have discontinued the higher mag one, Bushnell apparently also have / had one. ? not to sure on these I gotta say

Starting to think on seperate rifles again, reason behind it was to have a spare .22 lr in the background if my original .22 lr went wonky, like it just has. might just get the sako with a wmr and whenever get a .22 lr barrel when I have some money burning in a hole in my pocket and sling it in the cabinet just in casey. I think they sell around the 200 quid mark with a mag, thats not to sad then if needs be I can re sight and use as a .22 lr as out of the two the lr is or will be used most by a long chalk.

Thanks for your help guys greatly appreciated

Phil

had mine about 3yrs now in 22LR and .17HMR it has a 3-12 x 50 S&B on it and if I'm changing from 17 to 22 i go up 36 clicks and right 16 and then the opposite for .22 down to .17, the accuracy between barrel changes never ceases to amaze me, I've always been as sako fan and this has never let me down or dissapointed, the best of sako in 2 calibres...

Rob

Hi Rob

Have just got a Sako 85 for stalking, now I have found the ammo it likes, I'm so pleased with it.

I will be getting a Sako quad in wmr and will look at a way to be able to maintain the superb accurancy of the sako, on barrel swap over, I guess the answer is a proper ballistic turret and manually do the range settings on a paper target, once set just a matter of maintenance,the scope will cost 2 times the rifle, I will find a way to do it, justification to buying a swaro or similar for a .22 rimmy Mmmm not sure at present.

been there done it also and solved the problem!

The Burris Scope is made of chocolate, I would rather strap the box it came in to the top of the rifle.

I have all four barrels which to be fair I got for a song otherwise I probably wouldnt have gone for all four.
I use all of them but .22lr, .17M2, .22WMR, .17HMR in that order of preference.

I originally noted the zero shift points but that only works when you have two calibres and go from one to the other back to the first.
I got some mounts made for the Leupold post style QR mounts and bought four scopes. They change from one to the other effortlessly and without loss of zero. I even bought a flight case from Maplin to keep them all in.

FYI I didnt blow loads on money on scopes, the IR scope on the .22lr cost me £50, they other two were £150 and the most expensive was £700 but now sits on my 243

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....1mm-(Sako-Quad-etc)?highlight=sako+quad+scope

I have been using the Sako Quad with a Zeiss 6x42 which I find more than adequate. I concur with the views on the type of scope - purchase the best you can afford, don't skimp, and buy the additional barrel later in needs be. A smashing little rifle though.

been there done it also and solved the problem!

The Burris Scope is made of chocolate, I would rather strap the box it came in to the top of the rifle.

I have all four barrels which to be fair I got for a song otherwise I probably wouldnt have gone for all four.
I use all of them but .22lr, .17M2, .22WMR, .17HMR in that order of preference.

I originally noted the zero shift points but that only works when you have two calibres and go from one to the other back to the first.
I got some mounts made for the Leupold post style QR mounts and bought four scopes. They change from one to the other effortlessly and without loss of zero. I even bought a flight case from Maplin to keep them all in.

FYI I didnt blow loads on money on scopes, the IR scope on the .22lr cost me £50, they other two were £150 and the most expensive was £700 but now sits on my 243

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....1mm-(Sako-Quad-etc)?highlight=sako+quad+scope

now thats the way to do it.

i just got miffed off with this off that on adjust this and adjust that,

cant fault the rifle in the various cals, (the lad that got mine is over the moon with it,)its very smooth and the bolt it the best rimfire bolt on the market in my eyes.

just not that keen on the set up as they meant it to happen (as it clearly didn't.)

bob.

Last edited:
Back