Thread: RWS Uni Classic seating depth

RWS Uni Classic seating depth

Guys can anyone tell me from their experience the optimal jump to the lands for accuracy with the RWS Uni Classic (TUG)?
    I'm loading the 293gn in a 9.3x62.
    Cheers

Scott you may have to wait a bit for an answer to your question because RWS reloading components are not readily available in the U.K.
    I asked one of the importers reps a few years back why they didn't distribute within the U.K. and he told me that they didn't think that there was sufficient market to make it worthwhile.
    Having said that many of the guys on this site are very resourceful and buy from europe and from websites such as e-gun.de so you could get a few replies to your question but don't expect a rush.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks for the heads-up mate. Unfortunately speed is of the essence 'cause at 2300hrs tonight UK time they'll be travelling at 2500fps towards their doom!! (Well towards some paper targets anyway.)

Good choice of calibre mate. I wanted to try these bullets in my 9.3x74r but up until fairly recently getting hold of any 9.3mm bullets at all in the U.K. was difficult if not impossible. We have a completely stupid law that prevents what are deamed "expanding missiles" from being sent through the post. Fortunately in the last couple of years more and more of our guys are getting into boar shooting and are coming across 9.3mm rifles and take a fancy to owning one when they see how well they work. The result is that it is now possible to walk into one or two gun shops in the U.K. (only one or two) and actually buy 9.3mm bullets off the shelf.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Really? I'd heard something of the ridiculous expanding projectile law on here. I honestly don't know how you guys put up with some of the rubbish you have to, but there you go. Good to hear the 9.3 is catching on. It certainly has here with many sambar and buff hunters getting on board. Mostly in the x62 but to a smaller degree in the x74 as well.
    I reckon most gun stores here (certainly in Vic anyway) would stock 9.3 pills now.
    Cheers mate.