Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the wifes pencil drawings

the wifes pencil drawings

Due to the superb comments from the forums members the wife would like to share some of her art with you guys ,before she goes public with trade membership and as there is nothing on here she can use as a guide could you indulge us in a little market rsearch before she takes the plunge .

would you prefer prints of an original
    ...................... an original
    ...................... framed
    ...................... unframed
    prints would be cheaper than an original and limited
    we have an excellant framer nearby
    any other help would be most appreciated ,as yet we dont know how much printing will cost even but if this is too expensive may not even be an option .
    once again thankyou all for your time
    good hunting
    norma

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stags-head.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	13451hope you like this she knocked it up the other day

Framed original here.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Original would be good, however I have a house full of Doug Hyde prints and am equally happy with them. Mounted would be easier to post than framed. Your wife could offer limited prints as standard with commissions taken and framing if requested.

Put me down for a Roe buck print?

Good luck

Dom

Rather than free sketching heads, commissions may be a more lurative market. With the pride many on here have for trophy stalks a sketch from of their own kill may be a better seller. I know a lot of NESSR unds have been made through a member who does dog portraits, Just a thought, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stags-head.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	13451hope you like this she knocked it up the other day

Thats superb Norma, i prefer originals and jimbo's idea sounds very good ,but at the end of the day its all down to cost .
    Just out of interest how much would an mounted drawing like the one above be, DF

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Due to the superb comments from the forums members the wife would like to share some of her art with you guys ,before she goes public with trade membership and as there is nothing on here she can use as a guide could you indulge us in a little market rsearch before she takes the plunge .

would you prefer prints of an original
    ...................... an original
    Before she takes the plunge? Its 10 for a trade membership per month, so she should just go for it, she is obviously well talented.
    But in answer to your question, i would buy an original, then the purchaser could sell the prints couldnt they?
    Cheers
    Richard

Just a thought but whatever the customer wants in terms of type, she should maybe only offer them for post in very stout cardboard tubes for framing by the customer.
    My DIL used to try to post framed stuff and the problems with breakages etc in the post still haunt her.

Beautiful work by the way!

you can get proper boxes for framed stuff they are angled ,i send quite abit of stuff out framed i usually put a thin piece of mdf over the top as well ,atb wayne

i would love to be able to draw like that,i am affraid thats a gift you cant learn,that is superb mate