Anyone got a Swarovski z6i 2.5-15x56

Glen Cadwallader

Interested to hear from anyone who uses the above mentioned scope and could you comment if it is noticeably better in low light than my current Swarovski which is a 3-12 x 50 ?

got the above scope with ballistic turrets ,i can say hand on heart that its the best i have used in low light on the lowest setting,i can only compare it to s and b 3-9x50 and my zeiss variables ,both 50mm objectives,you cant go wrong with swaro's and i think personaly the 2.5 mag with 56 objectives gathers all the available light.however having seen the mk 2 they have the edge for useabilaty.

Your going to do it ain't ya! I'm just back in from the shop couldn't find me lamp now I have a new one, tomorrow I stumble across my original :banghead: see you tonight

John

Hi mate

I have this scope without the illuminated ret and it is a fantastic scope. I also have the BT and it's a great idea.

Your welcome to have a look at mine before you take the plunge .

Prov

As I said on the other Swarovski thread I have the exact scope for the swede, the ballistic turret is a great idea I've used it on the military ranges and it was dead on to the figures on the swaro app I have best thing since sliced bread IMO

Gents, Sorry for the delay, Prov much obliged, I actually dropped in past RM Macleod's on Saturday and had a look over one, very impressed and I have to say better than my current one.

The only thing I am not sure about is the ballistic turret do I really need this, What are the settings ? I take it this gives you the option to zero are different ranges ? and adjust to that in the field with a click or two?

I think the ballistic turret is a great idea. I have used it out to 300 yds on targets with good efffect. As for use in the stalking field I would probably only use out to 200. The extended ranges might be handy to the foxer or vermin shooter.
It's easy to set up , you set your preferred zero then use the ballistic calculator to calculate the the number of clicks to your next three zero ranges.
It then only takes seconds to change your zero range so you can aim bang on with no hold over.

Got one and it's an excellent piece of kit. Wish I'd bought the ballistics torrent version....

Indeed Martin!

I am not much of a social animal but I will share information & possibly stalking with folk once I have a handle on their abilities and such like :)

Hi GC,

I only ever go out alone, foxes or roe etc. But unfortunately the ground/farm I used to shoot my Roe is in the process of changing hands so it looks like i will lose my free venison supply. I tried to join the Drummuir Syndicate but it seems they have just this year introduced a cap on the number of members.
I just passed my DSC1 and will start level 2 this year. I am looking for stalking (ground or days) around us, if you can give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
I also sent my application off for the BDS in the hope of meeting folk at the shooting days at Cawder.
Are you a member of any syndicates?

Brgds,

Martin

Martin,

No I was going to join a syndicate around Huntly but in the end I didn't bother, I have shooting on farms in Moray and I take leases with a forest management company as and when they come my way, I'm in discussion at the moment over one at mintlaw so I may have something in the area soon ;)

I have the Z6i with BT and a Z6 without, and can honestly say they are the best I have ever looked through, I have owned, Schmidts/Zeiss/Leups/Nightfor NXS and BR/Meopta/Kahles.

The only downside is getting a scope cap to fit the eye bell on the Z6i.

yes i have a gen 2 version, only had it 3 weeks but its stunning, a lot of money but worth it. Very glad i went for the illuminated version over the standard, recticule is very fine and difficult to see in woodland last light without it. Also have bt which is very useful for foxing.

I think the ballistic turret is a great idea. I have used it out to 300 yds on targets with good efffect. As for use in the stalking field I would probably only use out to 200. The extended ranges might be handy to the foxer or vermin shooter.
It's easy to set up , you set your preferred zero then use the ballistic calculator to calculate the the number of clicks to your next three zero ranges.
It then only takes seconds to change your zero range so you can aim bang on with no hold over.

I've just purchased a Z61 BT and downloaded the ballistic calculator, how important is the atmospheric calculator, surely the turret does not adjusting each time you go out stalking ?

My friend Rich has a new Z6i 2.5-15x56 & the other evening I compared it to my Swarovski PVi 6-24X50, the Z6i was noticeably clearer at dusk, very impressed.

Cheers

Chris

Back