Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ppi

ppi

about 1 year ago i finished paying a car loan which was a 5 year thing,i recently heard about this ppi thing and i cant find the loan agreement,i know the loan reference number,there is a very good chance there was ppi on it,anybody have any good ideas on how i approach getting info i need or is this company obligated to give me details i need if i was to ring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    thanks mate it seems as if the loan company has got to give you the info,going to fish out my morgage stuff,there would be some serious money to come back if i got ppi on that atb swarovski
    Last edited by swarovski; 10-03-2012 at 16:38.

Do it at once. I just queried my mortgage ppi. It cost nothing to write off - well the cost of a stamp - and start a claim, the company should send you a form to complete and then they have a short time, possibly 8 weeks to complete their investigation.

Remember, even if they say 'no' you can appeal to the ombudsman and apparently 98% of referals to the ombudsman go in the complainants favour.

Good luck

Matthew

Guys,

It's not PPI that's at fault, it's the miselling of it that is.

Basicaly if you were self employed you WERE misold, if employed then, if you had ticked a box, you weren't.

Now, if you haven't kept your copy of the forms and are relying on the lender to be unable to produce their copy.....

Lender will keel over and you are just another piece of scum ruining this country because you want something for nothing.

Stan

My daughter has just got money back from c/cards bank loans and morgage came to over 5k in refunds , if you like i will find the name of the people that did it for her, they do all the work you just tell them all your account numbers and a check comes through the door several weeks later
    you have to pay them on what they get you but it comes to you first direct from the bank and you then pay them

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Guys,

It's not PPI that's at fault, it's the miselling of it that is.

Basicaly if you were self employed you WERE misold, if employed then, if you had ticked a box, you weren't.

Stan
    Incorrect.... nothing wrong with PPI being sold to the self employed as long as it wasn't sold with redundancy cover... if it was just accident or sickness then it would pay out regardless of employment staus.

As for the rest of your post, I whole heartedly agree... really grates on me... particularly when it comes to mortgages.... protecting the roof over your families heads is vitally important and only in exceptional circumstances should someone consider taking out a mortgage without protecting their income and I am pretty sure that those with the correct protection took it out in full knowledge of what they were doing and in the knowledge it was the right thing to do... Then some claims company comes along and you are willing to throw all that knowledge out of the window and lie to get a few quid...

These claims companies will tell you no one gets hurt and the banks will just roll over and pay... Wrong... it's the mortgage broker that pays, for doing his job properly and making sure you were properly covered... at a couple of thousand quid a go, it doesn't take many of these claims to put the smaller broker out of business!!

The PPI mis-selling 'scandal' was aimed at single premium PPI bolted on as a matter of course to personal loans... unfortunately mortgage payment protection got sucked in too and was tarred with the same brush when in reality it is nothing like the same thing!!!

Rant over!

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Incorrect.... nothing wrong with PPI being sold to the self employed as long as it wasn't sold with redundancy cover... if it was just accident or sickness then it would pay out regardless of employment staus.

As for the rest of your post, I whole heartedly agree... really grates on me... particularly when it comes to mortgages.... protecting the roof over your families heads is vitally important and only in exceptional circumstances should someone consider taking out a mortgage without protecting their income and I am pretty sure that those with the correct protection took it out in full knowledge of what they were doing and in the knowledge it was the right thing to do... Then some claims company comes along and you are willing to throw all that knowledge out of the window and lie to get a few quid...

These claims companies will tell you no one gets hurt and the banks will just roll over and pay... Wrong... it's the mortgage broker that pays, for doing his job properly and making sure you were properly covered... at a couple of thousand quid a go, it doesn't take many of these claims to put the smaller broker out of business!!

The PPI mis-selling 'scandal' was aimed at single premium PPI bolted on as a matter of course to personal loans... unfortunately mortgage payment protection got sucked in too and was tarred with the same brush when in reality it is nothing like the same thing!!!

Rant over!
    So the 70 quid PPI a month I paid for 9 years on my mortgage which wouldnt pay out when I was made redundant was worth it eh?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Limulus,

Most policies exclude the first six months minimum of "no earning" after redundancy. The devil is always in the detail you signed up to. In the case of mortgages household income, even if part time, precludes a claim.

You have to be responsible for the deal you cut.

Now, the scum that ask you to "authorise them" to get your credit report for 2, then write to every creditor demanding a copy of the original agreement (which you should already have) and then "raising the issue when it isn't forethcoming" and then taking their cut of a corrupt practice.....

Stan