Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pistol available for humane dispatch

New pistol available for humane dispatch

Greeting,
    I just had my annual trip to the IWA dealers exhibition in Nurnberg Germany and this is a new Italian item on display.
    Try to get this one added onto your ticket.
    http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/produ...-barrel-pistol
    Regards
    Martin

Interesting! It reminds me of a pic that I saw somewhere of a double-barrelled magazine rifle in a fairly heavy calibre, with one of the straight-pull actions.

Something I don't understand:
    With the double straight-pull rifle, clearly you could fire one barrel then the second, and then cycle the action. Easy.
    This pistol seems to be available with two triggers also; but I can't grasp how that would work as there seems to be only one slide - so firing one barrel should cycle the action throwing the round out of the unfired side.

Perhaps I've misunderstood....

No it's a single trigger Dalua with both barrels being fired at the same time (light weight alloy ventilated trigger). I can't see them selling many of these other than to a film company as one of those impractical wonder guns that you often see the hero using in movies.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

The double rifle also slings out both barrels at the same time, the logic being when you reload that you have 2 charged barrels, as you may be facing dangerous game in tight circumstances and the odd round on the floor might be a reasonable cost if you survive the encounter.

Blaser Jagdwaffen GmbH: R93 Duo Hamed
    Last edited by doghound; 11-03-2012 at 10:27. Reason: addition of link

Perfect for that lady whatshername....Angelina Jolie?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    silly,but it will sell in the USA.

Actually it looks well executed.......................................... .............................. however it does appear to be a sloution looking for a problem.

Need a good harness to hold that sucker on your belt at around 4lbs in weight.

Just had a thought of where it would be ideal pity the problem that it's a solution to has disappeared almost as out of date and bad..................................... it would make the ultimate "Howdah" pistol for when the Tiger is climbing ones Elephants trunk

not very practical at all i think i will stick to my glock 22c.

chris

Quote Originally Posted by doghound View Post

The double rifle also slings out both barrels at the same time, the logic being when you reload that you have 2 charged barrels, as you may be facing dangerous game in tight circumstances and the odd round on the floor might be a reasonable cost if you survive the encounter.

Blaser Jagdwaffen GmbH: R93 Duo Hamed
    i handled this rifle a few years back and it was very numb not my 1st choice.
    Last edited by chrisc; 11-03-2012 at 11:30.

I posted it more in jest than in a serious vein but the video of it being shot was amusing and their stand at IWA was a major investment as it was a very large one so they are serious.
    The piece was all made from CNC machined parts and not any investment cast bits.
    Martin