Thread: RCBS Base Plate Question???

RCBS Base Plate Question???

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking at purchasing the RCBS Base Plate to mount my Rock Chucker Supreme on.

Looking at the market, Optics Warehouse seem the cheapest but they only list it as RCBS Base Plate and NOT RCBS Base Plate-2 which everyone else seems to.

Question
    Was there a RCBS Base Plate 1?
    If so, would my Rock Chucker Fit?

Additional Q
    Are the base plates any good ?

Many thanks for any help,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by maffs View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm looking at purchasing the RCBS Base Plate to mount my Rock Chucker Supreme on.

Looking at the market, Optics Warehouse seem the cheapest but they only list it as RCBS Base Plate and NOT RCBS Base Plate-2 which everyone else seems to.

Question
    Was there a RCBS Base Plate 1?
    If so, would my Rock Chucker Fit?

Additional Q
    Are the base plates any good ?

Many thanks for any help,

Chris
    Additional Q answer: I have never used one, ever. The only one I ever considered buying is the Lee set up that allows you to pull your press off of the bench and stow it. That intrigues me due to the number of presses and bullet lubricators I have. ~Muir

I use my press on a bench which has drawers. The problem is, when the press is in place i can't open the draw. Also its a far old lump and i'd prefer it to be stored when not in use.
    I noticed 'the base plate' and thought 'ey up, that could do the job

Any one else?

Hi

I recently set up again and borrowed a plate to fix the press to my new bench - unfortunately the holes didnt line up. Given that my press is many years old might be where the mk1 or 2 is from.

It is just as easy to acquire 5mm thick aluminium plate and drill the necessary holes where you want them - I made a template in wood and will transfer the holes to the plate (when I get round to it as the wood is working ok!).

My plate will unbolt from the bench so everything can be put away should the need arise.

L

Thanks Loki,
    I may just take the punt and order it and see how i get on...hmmm maybe risky

Base plate arrived and just the ticket for a quick setup, reload and then remove back to storage

I'd never seen these before described by RCBS as:

The RCBS Accessory Base Plate-2 is a durable die cast aluminum plate with a series of letter-coded tapped holes for mounting RCBS reloading tools and accessories.

I think you will get the maximum advantage out of it if all your kit is RCBS, though it may be possible to adapt other brands to fit. It will be well engineered no doubt, at the moment I use a "G" clamp to fix my Rockchucker to a heavy oak table which works OK.