Westcountry Gamefair

Hi all, i dont really post much but spend alot of time reading on here but i just wanted to vent my dissapointment after visiting the Westcountry Gamefair today, it seemed more like a over-hyped, over priced car boot sale with barely any guns. It gets worse every year!

Hi all, i dont really post much but spend alot of time reading on here but i just wanted to vent my dissapointment after visiting the Westcountry Gamefair today, it seemed more like a over-hyped, over priced car boot sale with barely any guns. It gets worse every year!

Always good to get a firsthand account of an event - don't think i'll be going now :D

atb

Scrun

You should go Scrun, you can practice your haggling technique so you will be really on your game by the time the CLA comes around :)

Haven't been for ten years since the early days - wasn't worth it then and sounds like little has changed !

I was invited to assist in the fly casting demo's, but declined, is was ok in the early days and the comment above made me realise i made the right decision, so i enjoyed myself elsewhere today.
Cheers
Richard

Thanks for letting us know Markymark I feel much better knowing that I haven't missed anything. It had been my intention to go today but the wife and daughter weren't very well and we cried off so I've been moping around the house all day instead of looking up a few friends off the site.

I didn't think it was as bad as all that! I was on the BASC stand this time around and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. I didn't get away from the gamekeeping stand for very long so I can't really speak for the quality of the rest of the show, but the folk I spoke to seemed happy enough. I would agree that there weren't many guns on show though.

i used to go every year but have missed the last 2 and from what i been told its all over priced cammo clothing tools tools and more toools the food hall good but as usual expensive and for a family its about 40 quid before you start they really need to start listening to people its not working any more how about next year cut the admission price to 5 pound a person and make a real effort to get the bigger shops in sorry if this sounds cynical but things are hard for everyone at the moment MAKE AN EFFORT ORGANISERS

granted not alot to look around for people just going to browse
we went in at 10 and out at 5 but flat out with the dogs on the scurries
clayshooting etc and came away with a very nice rivers west shooting smock
regards pete .

I went about 5 years ago, picked up some bargain rabbit nets.
I find these shows are getting more like arts and craft fairs so haven`t bothered since.

I hadnt been to any fairs for around 5 years and wish i had made it 6...Lots and lots of tat and £12 for the privilege...I went in at 10 and out at 12.30...Bit of a chat on the BDS stall, burger / coffee & home...Reading the programme 2 days later, I see that simon whitehead was there...Perhaps I should have hung on a bit

Last edited:
Back