.300 r.u.m

N.F.W.M

Is anybody loading for a 300 Ultra Mag ? If so please share your findings.. Bullets and powders used.

Thanks

Sticks

95gns reloader 25 /180 nosler accubonds/ rem case / cci mag primers / give best results accuracy wise in my rum, devastating on lager deer pulverising on smaller deer though so if i cant neck shoot i leave well alone.

I am surprised to see this cartridge with even a mild following in the UK. Even in Montana where elk hunting is king and big mule deer are common, the RUM is not overly popular.~Muir

Swarovski is that how you found yours ? and as the op asked for findings could you share what load were you using ?

As you probaly guessed double four ive never possessed such a powerful caliber not to say hunters shouldn't have them,have what you want,but I am sure you will agree its a seriously powerful caliber and probaly unessasary.atb swaro

As you probaly guessed double four ive never possessed such a powerful caliber not to say hunters shouldn't have them,have what you want,but I am sure you will agree its a seriously powerful caliber and probaly unessasary.atb swaro

It's not over powered if you want to tee w a tee steel at a mile ?

Where are you based ? My club shoots out to 1200yds fairly regular ?

​Or you could pay venables ?

338 edge is a necked up 300rum isn't it ?

I got my 300 rum when the 338 lapua was specifically banned on military ranges (and they are very specific in most range orders i've read) so i sold my trg42 and had riflecraft build me a semi custom 300rum?

you should check your range orders , if they specifically ban the lapua (8.59x71 i think) then you are good to go with your edge? HME regs permitting!

I don't go to bisley (they gave me the hump a long time ago) but yes I'm sure you could as long as you do the HME zero first ?

i shoot at Barton road and thetford with an odd trip to wms

Last edited:
Don't talk like a wally !
There is no such thing as bloody overkill,dead is dead,Muir do many people use the 30-378 weatherby round your part of the world,another one I have always fancied having a play with.

There is no such thing as bloody overkill,dead is dead,Muir do many people use the 30-378 weatherby round your part of the world,another one I have always fancied having a play with.

Not really. Most go who have that kind of inclination will go for the 300 Weatherby as the rifles are becoming reasonably priced with the Vanguards being built for them.~Muir

Back