Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFD to RFD

RFD to RFD

Has anyone had the experience of buying a gun from a RFD and having it transfered to their local RFD? If so what was the transaction like and what were you charged by each of the parties. I have been quoted 25 from the one I wish to buy from which is OK as it includes P+P, but then the local wants 25 just to do the bit at this end. So 50 quid....seems a lot to me?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KEITHKILVO1 View Post
    Has anyone had the experience of buying a gun from a RFD and having it transfered to their local RFD? If so what was the transaction like and what were you charged by each of the parties. I have been quoted 25 from the one I wish to buy from which is OK as it includes P+P, but then the local wants 25 just to do the bit at this end. So 50 quid....seems a lot to me?

Cheers
    Seems to be the going rate as far as I can tell.I have heard of the recieving rfd charging 50 for his part in the transaction.But everyone else seeems to stick by the 25 so I assume it is an unwritten gentlemans agreement type of deal.As there is no real fixed fee for this.

Quote Originally Posted by KEITHKILVO1 View Post

Cheers
    25 each way is the norm buddy unless you can barter with the rfd and get free delivery sometimes you can depending on what your buying and who your buying it from......

Thats a fair price to be honest, depending how friendly you are with your rfd and how much you spend with them they may not charge( thats what mine did). Ask the RFD you are buying it from for a discount its a buyers market,

Recently I gave a local rfd 20 for taking a rifle in for me. Postage on a rifle seems to range from 15-25 depending on the courier. Parcel force are the cheapest I believe

Keith

The P&P is about standard, but my local RFD, Mario at Anglers corner in Oban, does not charge me for his time. Think he sees the potential sales of ammo etc as a good investment!
    Point this out to your RFD and he may relent.

25 for the receiving RFD seems very common and IMO fair, in my experience the RFD that you are buying from will have taken into account the carriage costs for sending the gun in the original price, provided that you are serious about buying I should be prepared to negotiate over their delivery charge.atb Tim

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    when i got my last rifle from a rfd it cost me nothing to have it sent from him to my rfd, total price as in the sales add on guntrader,

i then had to pay 20 at my rfd to have it placed onto my ticket.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

The transaction between rfd's has always been simple for me. I have never paid the sending rfd anything (at least not had a cost added to the receipt!). 25 at your local rfd seems resonable and about average but I paid nothing on that side either with the last rifle I bought. However that may well depend on if you're a regular customer or not and if they want your custom again. If you have more than one close by, just phone and ask them what they charge. I doubt that there would be much between them though as they will know what each other charges too!

oops wrong thread, sorry
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 11-03-2012 at 21:05.