Thread: seling off all of their/our land

seling off all of their/our land

has any one noticed that the Forestry Commission is selling off all of their land -freehold with all sporting rights - in their area.

Huge areas of the Home Counties , in small lots, are being sold off causing concern to lease holders that held the shooting rights .

Before, all the rights allowed you were the released game and some vermin rights . Now the lease hold allows deer as well.

Any comments

only comment i can say
    'any chance of a link '
    had a look on the net but can't really find what i think i am looking for
    many thanks
    stone

FC

As far as I know the FC are totally cash strapped. They are selling off swathes up North. The grants they are paying are being staggered to try to get them a bit of a "holiday".

Doesnt surprise me that they are selling small blocks as they willl get much better return. It will totally knacker the stalking tho.

FC have been doing this for some time. If you keep an eye on this website you will see a number of them. http://www.johnclegg.co.uk/.

You'll often find they'll retain the rights to the standing timber, and only sell the land. If they lease stalking, then they'll have to compensate the holder, or put a caveat in the sale that the lease must be honoured.

The FCs remit is to maintain the supply of timber, they can't justify having huge chunks of tax payer's captial tied up in land so a select few can still stalk.

If its going off in smaller chunks then it will allow more stalkers to buy land themselves. 100 Ha is fine if you have the cash to buy it at 1-2k an acre, which only big companies can do.