Rangefinder balistic scope

hi mate i have had my hands on one they are great bit of kit a little bulky but are very accurate. i first had a look through one in new zealand alot of the guys out there use them and swear by them . i was very impressed i use burris scopes and i am still undecided as to put one on my 300 win mag,
just to clarify they do work at further than 500yrds like the add off fleabay i think if memory servs its 550 for a deer size target and around 800yrds reflective ps im not saying to shoot deer at those ranges just what the destructions state atb,wayne

Last edited:
I bought a Zeiss Diarange 3-12x56 scope last year from the States. It is a fantastic piece of kit. Coupled with my range finding binos, there is little room for error when it comes to computing range. Press a button and the range appears undermeath the reticle. I only wish it were possible to change the reading from yards to meters.

they usually are around the seven hundred mark just found a usa seller that is willing to ship to the uk ,atb wayne

Yep, I have one on my 6.5 swede and I wouldn't get rid of it, I like it lots!

If I had to give constructive criticism then it goes without saying that the quality of the optics are not as good as you get with zeiss etc so be prepared to finish a bit earlier when stalking at dusk than someone who stalks with a zeiss or comparative scope!

If you are into foxing and use it at night the downside can be that as you range the target a lot of the brightness from the readings in the scope detract from the target somewhat ie you get the range figures pop up and then it takes a few seconds before they disappear leaving the illuminated aiming point. I tend to use NV anyway for my foxing so not really a major problem for me.

If you are a homeloader than you really need to have a chrono to make it accurate as basically to programme it you need to tell it what the drop is in inches at 500 yards for the load you are using. I chrono'd my loads and input the drop into the 'load from a disk' software I use and voila it was bang on!

The rifle is more accurate than me, you are welcome to come and try it out!

Yep, I have one on my 6.5 swede and I wouldn't get rid of it, I like it lots!

If I had to give constructive criticism then it goes without saying that the quality of the optics are not as good as you get with zeiss etc so be prepared to finish a bit earlier when stalking at dusk than someone who stalks with a zeiss or comparative scope!

If you are into foxing and use it at night the downside can be that as you range the target a lot of the brightness from the readings in the scope detract from the target somewhat ie you get the range figures pop up and then it takes a few seconds before they disappear leaving the illuminated aiming point. I tend to use NV anyway for my foxing so not really a major problem for me.

If you are a homeloader than you really need to have a chrono to make it accurate as basically to programme it you need to tell it what the drop is in inches at 500 yards for the load you are using. I chrono'd my loads and input the drop into the 'load from a disk' software I use and voila it was bang on!

The rifle is more accurate than me, you are welcome to come and try it out!

cheers for the offer and if i had time to get down i would take you up on it. to be honest i thort every one was going to say they are s**t stay away but they look good

Back